This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Coffee or cats? How about cats and coffee? Are you as big a cat lover as me, or just a lover of furry friends in general?                                        

If you are, then go check out Koneko, a cat cafe located on 26 Clinton Street. This cozy little place tucked away in East Houston is one of the first cat cafes in NYC, inspired by the infamous cat cafes in Japan. They sell a variety of items, ranging from your standard black coffee and waffles with macerated berries to authentic Japanese goyoza. I first visited Koneko with my two besties over the summer, and we are totally going back (granted the staff can pry us away from the fur babies this time).                             

Unfortunately, you can’t eat with the kitties (though they would be cute brunch mates to snap Insta pics with), but you do have play time with them! You can reserve an hour visit with these fur babes for 15 dollars per person, so bring a friend or five. No seriously, share the cat love! 

Anna Sejuelas is a feminist, poet, and senior at Pace University in New York City, pursuing a double major in English Language and Literature and Women’s Studies. Anna was born and raised in New York City, which is her first love. When she’s not writing poetry or writing articles for HC Pace, Medium, or FLURT Magazine, she can be found singing everything from arias to rap.
Her Campus Pace Contributor