This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Having a big Italian family means there is no shortage of food during the holidays! If I had to name my favorite, it would be these ricotta cookies. This is one of my favorite desserts that my family makes for every special occasion. These cookies are the perfect dessert for any party! Follow these step by step instructions to impress your family and friends with your baking skills!

This recipe will make 30 to 40 cookies.

Here’s what you’ll need:

• 15 oz. of ricotta cheese
  • 2 sticks of melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 2 tsp. of baking soda
  • ¼ tsp. of baking powder
  • 4 cups of flour

Now that you have your ingredients:

1. Preheat oven to 375°
  2. Place ingredients in a large bowl one at a time, mixing each ingredient well when placing them in the bowl. When adding flour and sugar, add a small amount at a time and keep mixing
  3. Shape dough into teaspoon size balls, and place them on a greased baking sheet
  4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom

After the cookies have baked, make the icing to go on top of the cookie.

Follow these steps:

1. 8 oz. of confectionary sugar
  2. Add a few teaspoons of water to sugar as needed; mix well
  3. Spread icing on top of the cookie and let dry
  4. Add sprinkles to make your cookies festive (optional)

Enjoy!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth Byington and I am a Junior at Pace University majoring in Psychology and minoring in Communication Studies. My favorite part of going to Pace is living in the city, since there is always something happening! My favorite things to do in the city are going to SoHo, seeing Broadway shows, and trying new restaurants as much as I can. On my free time I like to read, write, and catch up on Netflix shows.