thanksgiving
thanksgiving
Courtesy of Julianna Marie

How to Have a Successful Vegan Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As a vegan, Thanksgiving can be one of the most difficult holidays to navigate. Not only does the meal, but the main holiday centers around turkey! Turkey in the stuffing, turkey in the gravy, and then dairy in the pie! After four years of vegan Thanksgivings, here are some ideas for dishes to enjoy instead or bring as an inclusive treat for everyone else!

Appetizers:

Vegan Charcuterie Board: Charcuterie Boards are the new hip food trend and I am with it! Venagnizing allows everyone to pick at whatever piece of the board interests them in preparation for the main course. Check out a recipe here!

Soup: When I think of fall, I think of soup. A perfect pairing to a meal, there are so many different types you can try but this recipe is one of my favorites. Check out a recipe here!

Main Course:

Stuffing: As a stuffing lover, veganizing the meal can be as easy as swapping out the meat for a plant-based alternative. Check out a recipe here!

Green Bean Casserole: Who would ever want to miss out on this delish side dish?! Make it inclusive so everyone can enjoy it with just a few plant-based swaps. Check out a recipe here!

Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: Instead of having protein like turkey or meat as the “main part” of the meal, pasta is a good alternative. Mac and Cheese is always a favorite, so spice it up with some fall flavors! Check out a recipe here!

Butternut Squash Risotto: If you’re over mac and cheese here’s another pasta dish that might intrigue you. Check out a recipe here!

Collard Greens: Get your veggie fixing! Collard greens are delicious and pretty. Make sure to add some green to that plate! Check out a recipe here!

Dessert:

Pumpkin Pie: What’s Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? Check out a recipe here!

Brownies: Zucchini brownies are my FAVORITE! They are always so moist and flavorful I definitely recommend them! Check out a recipe here!

Here is my vegan Thanksgiving Pinterest board, full of ideas and recipes. May you all have a day full of gratitude and peace!

Gillian is currently a senior at Pace University on the NYC Campus. She is originally from Baltimore, Maryland where she earned her AA degree at the Community College of Baltimore County. She is majoring in communications at Pace and loves writing as a hobby. Her favorite day of the week is Sunday and her favorite color is forest green. She also reminds you to recycle! She can be found on all social medias @jillrh02