This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I’ve always looked at celebrities as if they were America’s royal family. From a young age, I’ve always wanted to be graced with the presence of my favorites. It wasn’t until I moved to NYC that I ever got to meet my idols. Sometimes, it’s by pure chance, but other times it’s been strategically planned out. So whether you are already in the city or just visiting, here’s a quick guide on how to meet your favorite celebrities in New York City.

Get to Know Build Series

Build Series is a live interview series where people from the entertainment business come to share their personal lives and professional successes. Build Series tends to interview some big-name stars including Liam Hemsworth, Rebel Wilson, Timothée Chalamet, Melissa Mccarthy, and Cole Sprouse. The tickets to the actual interviews are free, but depending on the celebrity, tickets tend to sell out quickly. If you don’t get a ticket, however, have no fear! There is a stage door outside of the studio where the talent always pass by as they exit the building. Most of the time, they will sign posters and take pictures with their fans and it is a quite enjoyable and free experience.

Check Out Broadway Show Opening Nights

Some people have found tremendous luck in getting rush tickets to opening night shows and spotting their favorite celebrities. I have friends who spotted John Mulaney and Tina Fey in the crowds. Also, while we’re on the topic of Broadway, occasionally, Broadway shows will have a special host or guest. For example, Ryan Murphy hosted the musical, The Prom, and all of the actors from his shows were there, such as Glenn Close, Billy Porter, and Ben Platt. Occasions like that don’t happen all the time, however, it’s not a bad idea to keep your eyes out for special events.

Attend a Taping of a Live Show

Whether it’s Late Night with Seth Meyers, or Saturday Night Live, attending a live taping of a show is a likely place for celebrity sightings and, on top of that, it’s free. The Late Night show tapings always feature some sort of celebrity or musical guest, so you won’t be far from one of your icons. If you made it through the standby line at SNL, it’s possible that if you exit the room slow enough, you could run into a celebrity who’s also attending the taping. Or if you’re around the 49th street exit of Rockefeller Center after the live taping, SNL’s regular members such as Pete Davidson, Kate Mckinnon, and Leslie Jones will come out and meet fans. However, the host and musical guest always leave through a separate and more secretive exit.

Now go out and find some celebrities!

Hi, my name Carly Scarborough and I am a communication studies major with a minor in digital media studies at Pace University in NYC. I have been a writer for Her Campus Pace for over two years now. I have also worked on both the editorial and the social media teams since I became involved in the organization. I love to write about entertainment, travel, and lifestyle.
Her Campus Pace Contributor