Getting Back Into A Routine, As Told By New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I think I speak for everyone when I say getting back into the school routine is one of the hardest things to do. We all come back to the city, excited, until we realize that this means the stress of papers, exams, quizzes, homework, work, and interning is back upon us. I don’t know about you guys, but I find it incredibly hard to get back to working out my brain with all of this school work after almost four months of being home where I am not nearly as intellectually stimulated. I, personally, am the busiest I have ever been this semester, but I find it helpful to schedule everything. I made a schedule of the times I go to class, work at the Writing Center, when I intern, and even the times/days I exercise and for how long. Still, I cant help myself from experiencing these relatable scenarios:

When you first get back to the city after a whole summer away

So exciting! You’re so happy to be back! Nothing is stressful! Life is good! Friends! So ready for a new year!!!

On your first day of classes

Everyone tries to look nice on the first day(s) of classes. We try to look nice, act nice, seem interested in the class, and are genuinely on our best behavior.

When you’re waiting for your books to come in from Amazon, ’cause there’s no way in HELL you’re paying school bookstore prices.

Painfully true.

When school actually gets challenging again

It feels like it really comes out of nowhere. We are all left like, wait- it was just syllabus week!?

When you refuse to accept the above mentioned, so you still go out on weekdays anyway

Don’t act like you’ve never done it…

But then you realize you have to get serious about school

Its okay. You tried to be one of those people who doesn’t care about school. Caring about school is actually a good thing! Chin up.

And you’re realizing how little time you have to dedicate to your social life

Yeah, this one is tough. But it’s okay, you’ll adjust to the new schedule and you’ll find ways to make it work.

But then, after a while, you finally adjust to your new schedule, which we all know, calls for celebration

See? You pulled it off! You’re not sure how you pulled it off, really, but you pulled it off.

So, happy beggining of the semester, you’ll get through it, you always do!

Hallie is a Junior at Pace University studying Communications with a double minor in Creative Writing and Women's and Gender Studies. She loves coffee and yoga and hates writing in the third person. 
Her Campus Pace Contributor