absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Restaurants I’m Thankful for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

When reflecting on people and places I’m thankful for some of my favorite restaurants come to mind. Being in NYC we have the cream of the crop when it comes to food choices. Here are some of my favorite spots that I’m so thankful I discovered.

1. Barbalu

This is one of my favorite Italian spots. Barbalu is close to campus located down by South Street Seaport. All pasta is made in house which gives the pasta dishes a unique home made taste. I’ve never been disappointed when I’ve eaten here, it’s a cozy spot with amazing service not to mention they deliver incase you feel like ordering in.

2. Sophie’s Cuban Cuisine

Need home cooked comfort food? Sophie’s Cuban cuisine is the place to go. They deliver or you can stop in for a taste. Choose from empanadas, bean salad, rice, beans, fried fish, pork and so much more.

3. Sushisamba

Located in the West Village SUSHISAMBA is a must for all sushi lovers. They bring you the freshest sushi with a Brazilian twist.

4. Squire’s Diner

Just steps from Pace – delicious diner food for a cheap price. My go to spot for some home fries and pancakes after a night out.

5. Tompkins Square Bagels

The best bagels in NYC, Tompkins has just about anything you can think of on any kind of bagel.

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!   
Her Campus Pace Contributor