This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I’m from Argentina where The Bachelor and all its spin-offs don’t exist. I heard about the famous show on social media but I never really paid attention. The Bachelor didn’t seem like a show I would enjoy. Girl, I was sooooo wrong.

*Written before The Bachelorette Finale

After I moved to an apartment with three American roommates, I succumbed to peer pressure and now every Monday at 8 pm you will find me in front of the TV ready to start watching all the love drama. I was not able to watch the first episodes of Hannah’s season because I was in Argentina but as soon as I came back, I caught up by watching YouTube recaps (thanks Bachelor Fantake!). By week four, I was all up to date and I could experience a live watching party with my friends.

The finale is getting closer and I have some thoughts:

How is this show not brainwashing?

All these people are after the same person and they have no contact with the outside world. All they do is think about the Bachelor/Bachelorette and go on dates with them. That’s it. All they do for two months.

I really want to be on the show but at the same time, I don’t think I would actually be able to.
I love all the drama.

I’m a Libra, I enjoy all drama that doesn’t involve me.

Luke P is just so irritating.

He deserves an article of his own to point out all the bad things.

Can I please marry Tyler C or Connor?

In case you are reading this, my IG is @carlyperagallo

Can Mike be the next Bachelor?

His smile is gorgeous and he deserves love.

*The next Bachelor is Peter!*

I. Can. Not. Wait. For. Paradise.
I’ll become the person who only writes Bachelor columns so if anyone tries to take my spot, I’ll fight them.

The Bachelor franchise is great in so many ways but it also has many flaws. I’m excited to dig in and discuss new episodes weekly of Bachelor in Paradise followed by The Bachelor in the fall!

Her Campus Pace Contributor