This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

THAT’S RIGHT, MY BOYS ARE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER WITH A NEW ALBUM! Ever since BTS dethroned Justin Bieber at the Billboard Music Awards back in 2017, their music took off in America. It all started with  Love Yourself ‘Tear,’  which became the first Korean album to top the U.S. Billboard 200 Chart. Now they’re back with brand new songs featuring other famous artists, once again captivating international audiences. Their new music video for “Boy With Luv” ft. Halsey broke Youtube’s record for the most views in 24 hours (the video is currently at 197 million views). Inspired by the classic “Singin’ in the Rain,” the music video was as aesthetically appealing to watch as it was to listen to.

The song “Boy With Love” is a spin-off to the group’s original single, “Boy In Luv” (2014) from their rookie days, and the collaboration resonated with new and old A.R.M.Ys (BTS’s fandom name). While the first single talked about “young love,” “Boy With Luv” leaned more towards the idea of finding “true” love through the small things in life. This is why so many fans gravitate towards the Korean boy group. They don’t just talk about physical love with others, but self-love as well. Through their controversial lyrics on mental diseases and other vices such as greed and doubt, BTS have touched their audiences mentally and emotionally, healing them in the process. This proves why BTS’s new album Map of the Soul: Persona became No. 1 on the Billboard 200 so quickly after debuting for one week. Every song on the album takes you on the band’s physical and psychological journey of how they became a success, from the very beginning to the present. That is why as a member of A.R.M.Y, I look forward to watching my boys’ growth and success in the future, starting with Map of the Soul: Persona.

Hello, I'm a proud book dragon majoring in English language and Literature while minoring in marketing. And as an Aquarius, you can see my ecocentrism and passion in everything I write. <3
Her Campus Pace Contributor