This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

During lunch on Friday, my friend told me about a TV show she liked called The Bold Type. She said it gave her inspiration to become a journalist and start writing for Her Campus. As I trust my friend’s taste and don’t have classes on Fridays, I decided to give it a try. I didn’t think I would end up watching the whole season in one day and also be writing about it afterward. The season has 10 episodes of approximately 42 minutes each, so yes, I spent 7 hours watching a show, please don’t judge. I already feel a little guilty for not doing my homework, but the show was too good to stop!

The Bold Type is about three friends who work at Scarlet, a fictional magazine that’s similar to Cosmopolitan (former editor-in-chief, Joanna Coles, is an executive producer of the show). After four years of being an assistant, Jane has been promoted to staff writer; now she has to learn how to manage her life while coming up with creative ideas without them overlapping. However, that doesn’t always work as her first assignment is to stalk her ex, who is not present on any form of social media. Sutton is still an assistant but she has bigger dreams and a hot clandestine affair with Richard, a member of the board of directors and a lawyer for the magazine’s publishing group. Kat is Scarlet’s social media director, who wants the magazine to be more political and deal with more important issues, all while she is having some doubts about her sexuality.

The show touches upon every important topic teenagers and adults know about. They discuss feminism, love and sex, politics, and sexual assault but, they don’t make the show revolve around those subtopics. It’s really about millennial women trying to achieve their career goals while balancing their personal life and beliefs. The story is set in New York City, which gave me serious inspiration to live my best life here. As I live in the city now, every time they showed a location I knew, I was like “I go there every day!” It made me want to scout them out whenever/wherever they are filming.

After watching the show, I feel more inspired to own the city instead of the city owning me. I want to get out there and make things happen for myself, while having an incredible sense of fashion. I would 100% recommend this show, you don’t need to watch it all in one day but if you do, I won’t judge you.

Her Campus Pace Contributor