freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Shows to Watch on Netflix for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Whether you’re on a date with your significant other, hanging out with your friends, or on a date with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, Netflix has got you covered this Valentine’s Day with plenty of rom-coms to make it a great, cheap night. Here are the top 5 best Valentine’s Day movies to watch on Netflix.

1. A Cinderella Story

Okay, so this one is a given. A Cinderella Story is a modern spin on a classic fairytale. This film also brings back the nostalgia feel of the early 2000s, as it features Hilary Duff and everyone’s early 2000 crush Chad Michael Murray. It also shows the importance of girl power and not letting obstacles get in the way of your dreams.

2.  To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

One of the only Netflix original movies to actually be good, in my opinion. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before features actress Lana Condor and actor Noah Centineo. The movie uncovers a story of a hopeless romantic girl who writes love letters to all of her crushes but never sends them. One day the letters are mysteriously sent out, which leads to her world being turned upside down.

3. Sex and the City

Based on the outstanding HBO series, the movie Sex and the City tells the story of Carrie Bradshaw’s relationship with Big. Big ends up proposing to Carrie but before the wedding, he gets cold feet and ends the relationship. This brings the revitalization of Carrie and how she conquers life without him. But in the end, can they stay without one another forever?

4. The Switch

Featuring actress Jennifer Aniston and actor Jason Bateman, this movie tells the story of Kassie and her best friend Wally. Kassie wants to be a mother, but fears her biological clock is ticking so she tries to find a sperm donor. The unthinkable ends up happening which could change the course of Kassie’s life forever. This funny, light-hearted movie will get you in the feels and make you laugh at the same time.

5. Bachelorette

Okay so this one isn’t your classic romantic comedy, but it’s a great one to watch with your best friends. With a great cast featuring actresses such as Kristen Dunst, Rebel Wilson, and Isla Fisher, this movie tells the story of a girl who is a high-strung overachiever when she learns that her best friend from high school is getting married before her. However, she swallows her pride and serves as her maid of honor. A series of unfortunate events occur that’ll make you and your girl gang laugh and cry.

So there you have it. These are my top five best Valentine’s Day movies on Netflix. I hope this list helps make your Valentine’s Day just a bit more amazing.

Hi, my name Carly Scarborough and I am a communication studies major with a minor in digital media studies at Pace University in NYC. I have been a writer for Her Campus Pace for over two years now. I have also worked on both the editorial and the social media teams since I became involved in the organization. I love to write about entertainment, travel, and lifestyle.