8 Things to Love about Fall Other Than Pumpkin Spice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. The time when you can get anything and everything your heart desires in pumpkin spice flavor. However, fall is so much more than pumpkin spice. So here are few great things about fall to love other than pumpkin spice:

1. The Weather

I love fall weather! The temperatures begin to drop and so layering begins. Out come cozy sweaters and fuzzy socks. After sweating profusely all summer, the fall chill is everything I want and more. Fall is that perfect time between summer and winter when you need a light coat but nothing super heavy and you are neither sweating nor are you freezing.

1. Scarves

I as well as the rest of the world love scarves. So as temperatures begin to drop, I get really excited to pull out my extensive scarf collection. Scarves for daaaaaays!

1. Fall TV Premieres

After a summer mostly devoid of new television shows, fall is an onslaught of premieres of both old and new shows. I cannot wait to find out what happened to my favorite characters after the writers so rudely ended the season in a giant cliff hanger (I’m looking at you Mindy Project writers). Plus, what better excuse to take a break from doing homework than to watch new episodes of your favorite shows.

1. Movies

After a summer of blockbuster films about superheroes and villains, I get really excited for movies being released around this time. As we draw closer to Oscar season, the really good, soon to be award-winning movies, begin being released. If you need me, I’ll be at the movie theater.

1. Apple Cider

Nothing tastes better on a chilly, fall day than a steaming cup of hot apple cider. Bonus points if it is from a local apple orchard.

1. Corn Mazes

I may be alone in this, but I love myself a good corn maze. Getting lost for a few hours in a giant puzzle is so much fun for me. Plus, haunted corn mazes are even that much and more!

1. Leaves

This time of year the leaves begin changing colors and falling (hence “fall”). I love nothing more than watching the trees change from green to beautiful hues of reds, yellows, and oranges. Also, who doesn’t love jumping into a big pile of leaves?

1. Halloween

Let’s not forget about Halloween. Dressing up is second best to binging on candy and scary movies.

Hi, my name's Savannah and I'm an apple living in the big apple. I love red sour patch kids and huge cups of coffee. Always on the look out for good books and new adventures.
Her Campus Pace Contributor