10 Reasons Why It’s Important To Love Your Squad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I’ve been very lucky in life for a number of reasons… too many to list really. There is one area of my life that is pretty unlucky, and that’s my dating life. But as most of you who know me know, I don’t really care about that. There are a lot of reasons why I don’t particularly care, and one of them is my group of friends.

Throughout my life I have been exposed to some really great people, and in a time where everyone is obsessed with their squad, I’m happy to say that I think I have one of the best. My girls are the ones who keep me sane on days where I’m barely holding on. This squad of mine includes not only my amazing roommates, but also three wonderful best friends who I grew up with. I know I can call them all whenever things get rough. It may take a few tries until you get the perfect squad, but it’ll happen. Everyone could use a squad like mine for more than just a fun night out.  Here a just a few reasons why everyone needs their squad.

• Your squad knows when you’re having a bad day and how to handle it.
  • They know about every boy (or girl) past and present and can talk about them whenever you need to.
  • They have your back when any boy (or girl) screws you over.

•    They’re also willing to tell you when you’re being a bit dramatic or when you’re just plain wrong.
  •        Your squad will always be there when you need to vent about anything: school, work, family, other friends, boys, social injustices, feminism, etc.
  •        Your girls are the only people you truly have a blast going out with.
  • They also have your back the morning after when all you want is Gatorade and bagels.
  • Their closets are your closets and they’re always there for fashion advice.
  • They are always there to boost your confidence and tend to believe in you more than you believe in yourself.
  • They are just as crazy as you are.
Hey there! My name is Alexis and I'm a senior at Pace University where I am double majoring in Peace & Justice Studies and Communication Studies with minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am the Campus Corespondent for Her Campus Pace and love watching our organization grow. I just got back from spending Spring semester in Florence, Italy and traveling throughout Europe for a month this summer. When I'm not running around between school and my internship, I can be found exploring the city with my friends, checking out some art at MoMA, binge watching Gilmore Girls, Friends or whatever new show has caught my attention or planning my next trip. I believe writing is one of the best tools we have for personal expression and activism!
Her Campus Pace Contributor