How to Get Back into the School Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Coming back to campus after summer can be extremely exciting, but it also means that you have to attend classes again. It can be hard to get back into the groove of things after not having to pick up a book for three months. Now that classes have officially begun, here are some tips to get your head back in the game.

1. Schedule your time strategically

If I don’t plan my day out the night before I become completely lost. I know when I’m going to be grabbing food in Kessel, when I’ll take a break and when I’ll do my homework. By planning my day, I stay on track of everything I need to do. This enables me to get more done with the time I have.

2. Get to bed earlier

The days of sitting in your bed until 4:00am watching Netflix are over, or at least cut back! By staying up late wasting your time, you are taking away energy from more important tasks like participating in class or studying. I try to set a time each night that I want to log off and head to sleep.

3. Get your textbooks earlier than later

The bookstore only keeps a curtain amount of used textbooks in stock, so make sure to grab them early to save yourself from having to rent or purchase the new version. Always check amazon and other book retailers first to make sure you are getting the best deal.

4. Don’t burn yourself out

If you’re anything like me, you want to be involved in everything. It’s natural to want to be with your friends and keep busy, but with classes and extracurricular activities, you need to learn how to say no. Maybe you don’t need to hang out with friends if you know you are extremely tired. If you stay out, it can negatively effect your mood the next day. The FOMO may be real, but you’ll be much happier the next day if you get the rest you need.

5. Review your syllabus thoroughly

By now, you probably have access to all your syllabi from the classes you are taking this semester. When I get mine, I like to grab my planner and write out all due dates for the entire semester.  This allows me to stay in the know with my classes without having to constantly check the syllabus.

Emily serves as Associate of Campus Community & Marketing here at Her Campus. She graduated from Pace University in 2020 with a degree in Communications. Emily served as a Campus Correspondent at Pace University, was a former intern for Her Campus' InfluenceHer Collective and was a part of Campus Trendsetters. In her spare time you can find her crafting, going to art museums and listening to Taylor Swift.