What Are You Thankful For?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Life stands still at Oxford when students return home for Thanksgiving break. The campus is quiet without its usual hustle and bustle; the gym and study rooms are empty, and time seems to slow down.

As I sit in the Fleming lobby typing this article, I’m reminded about how thankful I am for everyone and everything in my life.

I’m thankful for peaceful moments like this where Oxford is almost completely empty, and the pool tables are free to use.

I’m thankful for a loving family who, despite being thousands of miles away (with the exception of my sister who lives a couple of miles away), continues to love me and support my academic endeavors.

I’m thankful for the crazy experiences and the wonderful memories with fantastic people I’ve forged incredible bonds with this past semester.

I’m thankful for the new friendships I’ve created, and the old ones I’ve maintained.

I’m thankful for the late nights studying for Bio, finishing up a paper for Anthro, and eating at OxGrill with friends.

I’m thankful for the beautiful buildings (especially the OSB) surrounding the quad.

I’m thankful for being a student at Oxford despite the numerous rounds of hell week and sleepless nights thrown my way.

Jackie Doctor

Oxford Emory

My name is Jackie Doctor, and I'm a sophomore at the Oxford College of Emory University. I'm an Anthropology and Biology major on a pre-med track. I'm interested in pursuing a profession in Allied Health. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, and Bob's Burgers, and I read, write, and play the ukelele in my spare time.