Join Us! Become a HerCampus Oxford Writer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Out of all the things Oxford College of Emory University is associated with, we are probably best known for our over-involved students. Everybody here is passionate about something, and many use that passion toward the hundreds of clubs and activities we have available here.

So, what is HerCampus?

HerCampus is an online media site run by (predominantly) college women. Universities all around the United States can set up a chapter with the main company. We (the students) write the articles, and aside from valuable experience as writers, we also receive leadership experience, time-management skills, and build a great jumping-off point to apply for writing jobs at larger corporations after graduation.

Who’s involved?

Well, HerCampus at Oxford has two main leaders, the incredible Jackie Doctor and Edward Yin. Together, they keep our chapter running smoothly, organize meeting times as well as ensure that people are submitting and editing articles on time. But overall, they keep dates incredibly flexible, so I’m never stressed about deadlines. We’re also finally working on our official club charter, so by the end of the semester, we should be officially recognized by SGA!

What makes HerCampus different from other journalistic clubs here on campus?

HerCampus writers have an incredible amount of freedom in what they can write about. Articles are not assigned, so writers have the chance to get inspired and write about whatever they choose. On top of that, the type of writing is intentionally supposed to be diverse, so writers are encouraged to stray away from typical newspaper writing. Opinion pieces and creative writing are welcomed, so if you’re a woman who likes to write anything, this club could be an awesome match for you.

Why should I join?

On top of getting to choose exactly what you want to write, HerCampus writers get tons of perks– just for writing! When the club consistently submits quality articles, the company will send care packages to the writers with all sorts of fun health and beauty supplies. Plus, it’s a way to make friends with a bunch of fun people who have similar interests!

Where do I sign up?

If writing for HerCampus Oxford sounds like an enticing opportunity for you, shoot an email to Jackie Doctor or Edward Yin to get involved! We hope you consider us, and look forward to (hopefully) welcoming some new writers soon!

Kailey Graziotto

Oxford Emory '20

Kailey Graziotto is a Second-Year Student at Oxford College of Emory University. She has been writing creatively and involving herself in various theatre programs since tenth grade. She is passionate about what she does, and looks forward to serving this year as one of HCOX's Campus Correspondents!
Jackie Doctor

Oxford Emory

My name is Jackie Doctor, and I'm a sophomore at the Oxford College of Emory University. I'm an Anthropology and Biology major on a pre-med track. I'm interested in pursuing a profession in Allied Health. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, and Bob's Burgers, and I read, write, and play the ukelele in my spare time.