stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Reasons I Run

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

1. I run to leave my troubles behind.

Life can be tough, but I always feel like every mile I run puts myself that much farther ahead of my struggles. Running also helps to treat anxiety to suppress my worries for longer periods of time.

2. I run to listen to my thoughts.

Self-reflection is a necessity to live a healthy mindset. I find running makes me think deeper about where I am with my life and where I want to be in the future. If I need to make an important decision I usually work out the pros and cons while pounding the pavement.

3. I run to take in the scenery.

The world is a beautiful place and it’s so easy to miss what is right in front of us.  

4. I run to energize.

Running wakes me up, gets my thoughts flowing and my heart pumping!

5. I run to get vitamin D.

Vitamin D is essential to deep sleep, higher energy levels, and an overall happier outlook on life but is difficult to get from food. Running outside boosts how much vitamin D you absorb!

6. I run to feel in control.

Running is an exercise of willpower so regularly running trains my mind to focus and to stick with the goals I set for myself in every part of my life.

7. I run to escape.

College is stressful and on such a small campus, sometimes I just need to get out and clear my head. Running gives me a newfound sense of freedom that I never knew I was missing!

8. I run to feel alive

Yes, my muscles ache, my back is sweaty, and there’s a blister on my foot, but running reminds me how tough I am and how great it is to be young and free!

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!