5 Things You Need on Your Resume

1. Personal Information

Make sure you write your full name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you send your resume in or you give it to them during an interview, it’ll give them your contact information in case they have further questions or if they need to let you know whether or not you got the position!

2. Work Experience

It doesn’t matter if you’ve only had unpaid internships or menial jobs here and there. Writing down your previous work experiences, when you worked, and what you did will let them know that you know what it’s like to work hard and that you will be a good employee. If you’ve asked for permission from your previous employers or coworkers, go ahead and write their names, along with their contact information, on a separate piece of paper as references. This will allow your future employer to check and see that you were a good, hard-working employee.

3. Education

Certain positions require a certain level of education, so having that written down on your resume lets the interviewer know that you are qualified for the job. Having more education than other interviewees or employees will give you a slight advantage even if there is not a degree requirement and may even raise your pay!

4. Leadership Skills

Most employers want someone who works well with others, but also someone who can take charge and be a leader when needed. Showing that you have worked in groups before and that you’ve also taken charge during projects or events is always a positive as it shows that you could do some great things for the company by taking charge.

5. Language Proficiencies

If you only speak one language, don’t worry about it and don’t try to lie about speaking another language (there are too many horror stories about the interviewer talking in the language written down as a lie on a resume). If you do speak more than one language, write it down! It’s a little bonus that shows you could be helpful with certain clients, and it never hurts to speak more than one language!