Still of the Silence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Last Sunday’s lunar eclipse reminded us all what a beautiful thing the night can be. As we walk around campus, we often hang our heads low and pop our headphones in, muffling the outside world. Perhaps next time we find ourselves trekking the campus at night, we might take a moment and look around us. Maybe we’ll notice the soft sounds of insects and night birds. Maybe we’ll find ourselves in awe at the intricate web of a spider, or the delicate textures of individual leaves on a tree, illuminated by the glow of a streetlamp. And maybe we’ll draw in a cold breath, feeling the wind on our cheeks. It will remind us for a moment that, despite the hustle and bustle of the day, there are moments like these when the world is quiet and at peace.

I am currently I senior here at our fair SUNY Oswego! While I enjoy writing for Her Campus, I also participate as the managerial editor for the Great Lake Review, as a student manager(called a group leader) at the Mackin Dining Complex, and as a community service member for the Women's Honor Society, VEGA. My future is a bit of a mystery even to me, but I believe that I'll either pursue the life of a librarian or the life of a baker!
Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.