This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

What do you do when the party is over? 

The endless parties of life

and their endless cycles 

with the tumbling of champagne 

into the breakable glasses 

and the tumbling of the legs of college girls

bruised as they stumble home

and use the black mirror to cry to their unshaven boyfriends 

who can only shrug

or like the teenagers puking in the frosted grass at dawn 

laughing triumphantly to each other after he wipes his mouth 

he knows a winter sun and the summer night of his existence

but cannot see the autumn afternoon 

and the promises it makes 

like us,

he wonders about the eyes of 

blue, hazel, and green he passes 

imagining their parties and lonely nights the same 

feeling the chill that follows behind the gust of wind that carries us away 

Where do you go when you are done?

soft or cruel,

I’ll be there too.

Shannon Sutorius was an award winning 23-year-old English major, over 40-time-published author, editor, and former Teaching Assistant who graduated from SUNY Oswego in December of 2021. Shannon was one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Oswego, previously Senior Editor, and wrote the Advice Column, "Dear Athena." Shannon worked with and had been published in Great Lake Review, Medium, and Subnivean. Shannon's awards included the Edward Austin Sheldon Award, Pride Alliance's Defender of LGBT+ Rights in Journalism Award, and the Dr. Richard Wheeler Memorial Scholarship. As well, Shannon was an active member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Jordyn is a Biology major with a minor in creative writing at SUNY Oswego. She hopes to open a rehabilitation center for wildlife in the future. She's very passionate about animals and spreading awareness for animal rights. She also enjoys drawing and painting.