This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. OCTOBER!! The weather starts changing, leaves start falling, taste buds start craving apples, and most importantly…midterms happen. Its half-way through the semester which means we have to crack open those textbooks and study for midterms.

This is the point in the semester were everything gets hectic. Professors and students realize that there is so little time left and begin to cram as much information as possible into your brain as possible. Best way to get through midterms…breathe. You don’t have to spend every single minute of the day in your room or the library looking over your notes. Study for at least thirty minutes, then take a twenty minute break and do something that you love like going for a quick walk.

To make things interesting, you can make a game out of your studying. Put Swedish fish or your favorite candy at the end of the chapters (maybe not chocolate), and reward yourself with that sweet treat.

Once the midterms are over, it Halloween! The most anticipated game, Zombies vs. Humans will begin soon. It’s basically a huge game of tag, but more exciting. You can have as many people as you want participate. How the game works is everyone is a human and there is one “Original Zombie.” The Zombie tries to tag humans and then those humans become zombies as well. The Zombie must ‘eat’ a human within 48 hours every day or its game over for the zombie.

The humans can stun the zombie by hitting them with a Nerf gun, or a sock ball, then the zombie is not allowed to ‘eat’ or tag any human for fifteen minutes. There are safety zones, which include academic buildings, libraries, indoor athletic facilities, health centers, bathrooms, dorm rooms, and dining halls. The zombies win if all humans have been turned into a zombie. The humans win by withstanding the zombie attacks and starving the zombies to where they die. It’s a very fun game and you should participate in it. 

I am a Junior at SUNY Oswego and am majoring in Communication and Social Interaction. My dream job is to work with students to help them figure out what they want to pursue a career in (Guidance Counselor, Addmissions Advisor). I am very shy, but once I get to know a person I am very caring and fun. Something that is very important in my life is my family. Family always comes first in my book. I am the second oldest of four daughters (yeah, my dad is the only male, poor guy). I hope to make friends here at Oswego (come one, come all) and to do really well in school. Deans list hopefully :)
I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.