This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Welcome back, everyone! With the Fall semester already here, we’re like to introduce the Executive Board for Her Campus Oswego Fall ‘21! Read on to learn more about each of us — our majors, when we joined HCOZ, what we love most about it, when we’ll be graduating, and some of our hobbies, activities, and favorites!

Shannon Sutorius — Campus Correspondent

Hi everyone, my name is Shannon and I am a English major. Yes, just plain English — no other fancy double majors and minors. Just keeping it simple. I transferred to SUNY Oswego in the Fall of 2019 and I’ve been with HCOZ every since then. I’ll also be graduating this semester! I actually didn’t anticipate graduating this Fall, but with a pandemic, plans tend to change. I’ve been through a lot with HCOZ — I was a Section Editor, then Senior Editor, and now I’m one of the CCs! I’ve also contributed to or written over 20 different articles since I joined. This semester I’ll be writing an advice column, “Dear Athena,” in which students can submit questions/personal dilemmas to and get advice. What I love most about Her Campus is the vast amount of opportunities that it gives undergraduates to publish their work and make connections with other writers & editors. I think it’s such a great resumé builder and I really am so proud to be at the head of the organization now, able to help other people have their own work published. I also really love our events and how it’s a time for us not to focus on the “work” aspect of everything, but just getting to know each other and having fun. I’ve met some incredible people through HCOZ, including our wonderful e-board this semester, and I anticipate that’ll continue in the Fall.

Some hobbies of mine are writing, reading, design, biking, taking care of my dog, Nugget, and just hanging out with my friends. If you see me around, don’t be shy, feel free to say hello! I always have something to talk about in case you are bored and want someone to talk to. My favorite color is red and my favorite show is probably Umbrella Academy. I’m also a big fan of Legally Blonde and Ocean’s 8, along with Harry Styles, Lana Del Rey, and Doja Cat.

Allyson Voerg — Campus Correspondent

Hello everyone! My name is Allyson, and I am excited to be taking on the role of CC this semester. I have been an active member of Her Campus Oswego since my first semester here, back in Fall 2018! I began just writing articles, from poems to wellness pieces, and then moved on to be a Section Editor, and then the Event Coordinator. What I love most about Her Campus is how incredible of a space it is for women writers. We are able to not only hone our writing and editing skills, gaining real world experience and publishing our work on a national platform, but also getting to know one another and learning from each other. This gives us all a strong support system throughout college and beyond, forming an amazing network of friends and colleagues! I am happy to hold the position of CC to be able to cultivate this environment for students at Oswego. 

I am a senior this year with an English and Broadcasting & Mass Communications double major and a minor in Spanish. College really does just fly by! I am the Secretary of the Women’s Club Ice Hockey team, and I am super excited to be able to get back onto the ice after having no season last year due to the pandemic. This will be my second year as the Head Writing Tutor at the Writing Center on campus, so if you do not see me at the rink you can likely find me there. Stop by and say hi! Beyond reading, writing, and skating, I love to hike, bake, and do yoga. I am hoping to tackle some of the high peaks in the Adirondacks next summer and really get going on the novel ideas I have been developing. I love Marvel, anime, and listen to a variety of music, from Florence + The Machine and Mac Miller, to Prince Daddy and Dogleg. I am looking forward to ending my years at Oswego on a high note!

Jenna Wilson — Senior Editor

Hey everybody! I’m Jenna Wilson, the Senior Editor for this fall semester! Currently, I’m a 2nd semester junior here at Oswego and my major is in Mass Communications (talking and writing is my jam). I’ll be graduating in Fall 2022, and after that I plan on going to graduate school here for Strategic Communications (again, more talking and writing). My involvement with Her Campus started on the eve of the pandemic back in February 2020, so I am super excited to have in-person events this semester after a jam-packed year of Zoom meetings. 

In addition to being the Senior Editor here at HCOZ, I’m also on the NCAA women’s tennis team at Oswego (alongside with the best videographer/hype woman out there, Mattie Wallace!). Playing tennis and the camaraderie of sports is one of my favorite experiences on campus, and I feel the same with Her Campus as well. This is an organization that truly improves you as a writer and communicator – a definite asset now and beyond graduation. Besides sports and writing, I also happen to be an unapologetic pop culture worshipper, so watch out for some more articles about trashy reality shows!

Carson Bruner — Marketing & PR Director, New Member Liaison

Happy fall, y’all! My name is Carson Bruner. I’m a broadcast and mass communication major who transferred to SUNY Oswego last year. I immediately got involved with Her Campus because I love writing — and loved the idea of being in an organization filled with women who support each other’s creativity. It’s really empowering to be in a group filled with other women who appreciate writing and sharing ideas. I’m currently a senior — I’ll be moving back to LA after I graduate (I’m from California and lived in LA for a few years before moving here). 

My story looks slightly different than other people in this organization as I’ll actually be turning twenty-five in November and I’m married! My husband and I have been married for three years, but together for much longer. He’s currently in the Army — which is why we made the trek to NY. We have two pitbulls who basically control my life. 

I’m actually a freelance writer, so please let me know if you have any questions about freelancing! I solely focus on writing blog posts and social media content. 

I love to travel — I’ve currently been to four out of the seven continents. I plan on making it to all of them one day, including Antarctica. Sign me up! 

I’m looking forward to meeting you all. I’m super excited for the New Member Mixer that I’m planning! If you’re new to Her Campus, please feel free to reach out to me about anything and everything. I’m here for you if you need me! 

Sara Welshimer — Secretary

Hi everyone! My name is Sara Welshimer, and I am double majoring in English and Creative Writing, with a minor in Communications and Social Interactions. I am actually graduating a semester early this December, so that is super exciting but also terrifying. I joined HCOZ last fall of 2020, where I was a Section Editor. I have had such an amazing time getting to know everyone and contributing to this organization with my writing, and I can’t wait to work as the Secretary this semester and interact with everyone in person!! I love that so many of us were able to connect over our shared love of writing, as well as our desire to support other women, and I hope this passion continues in the future semesters. The vast outpouring of support from every angle of this organization is definitely what I love most about HCOZ, and I think it makes everyone a lot more confident in publishing their work through us. 

My main hobbies of mine are reading and writing, as well as hiking, hanging out with friends, and exploring new TV shows, movies, and music. My favorite book is Little Women, and I am also a giant Stranger Things nerd. I am a big fan of Kpop, and some of my other favorite musical artists are Chris Brown, Chase Atlantic, Taylor Swift, Kehlani, the Neighbourhood, and 5 Seconds of Summer.  

Madie Pearson — Graphic Designer 

Hi! My name is Madie or Mads. I currently have two majors, one in Graphic Design and another in Creative Writing. I joined HCOZ in fall of 2020 and started out just writing articles. I am now the graphic designer for the HCOZ and I’m super excited to meet new people this semester. I’m graduating in spring 2022, a whole year earlier than I thought I would. Which is great for my debt but not for my anxiety. 

My hobbies include (but are not limited to) special effects makeup, longboarding, reading and getting tattoos. As far as favorites go, one of my favorite books is Looking for Alaska. When it comes to movies that is a bit harder I’m a huge horror fan as well as pretty much anything from the 80s. If I had to narrow it down I’d say any of the Saw movies or The Breakfast Club. I love music and I’ll listen to pretty much anything but my favorite band is probably TwentyOne Pilots. 

Carly Sukiel — Treasurer

Hey! My name is Carly and I am an English and Business major. I am from Long Island but the six hour drive to Oswego is worth it. I joined HCOZ late 2020 but since then I have already dedicated a lot to this organization as treasurer. Getting the opportunity to write outside of the classroom, all while meeting new people, has been the highlight of the club for me. I was originally supposed to be graduating in 2023 but worked hard to graduate a year early. I have only been at the campus for five months so I am upset that I will be graduating in the Spring. With this in mind, I am super excited to finish my college career as a member of HCOZ.

Some of my hobbies include ice hockey, snowboarding, and playing the guitar. I am a movie fanatic with some of my favorite movies/series being Harry Potter, Marvel, and Pirates of the Caribbean. My music taste ranges from Country all the way to the High School Musical soundtrack.

Mattie Wallace — Videographer/Photographer

Hey guys! My name’s Mattie and I’m a Cinema and Screen Studies major with a minor in French. I’m currently a junior at Oswego and have been with Her Campus for roughly a year or so now. I originally joined because our now CC Shannon had invited me to, and I’ve been here ever since! HCOZ is honestly such a great way to meet new people and for me to express myself. At first I was hesitant about joining an org dedicated to writing articles (because writing has never been my strong suit) but I quickly realized how fun and exciting writing can be! HCOZ brings out the best writer in me and inspires me to keep writing. In general, I love the fact that HCOZ is a great place where women can thrive and support each other. 

As for my hobbies, I mostly stick towards gaming and video editing. Whenever I’m not working, I like to spend my time with my super hecka adorable cat Mordy (named after Mordecai from Regular Show), and watch some of my favorite films/tv shows. One more fun fact about me is that I’m on the women’s tennis team here at Oswego, alongside one of the best in this org, Jenna Wilson!

Shannon Sutorius was an award winning 23-year-old English major, over 40-time-published author, editor, and former Teaching Assistant who graduated from SUNY Oswego in December of 2021. Shannon was one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Oswego, previously Senior Editor, and wrote the Advice Column, "Dear Athena." Shannon worked with and had been published in Great Lake Review, Medium, and Subnivean. Shannon's awards included the Edward Austin Sheldon Award, Pride Alliance's Defender of LGBT+ Rights in Journalism Award, and the Dr. Richard Wheeler Memorial Scholarship. As well, Shannon was an active member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Allyson is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree at SUNY Oswego, and is a double major in English and Broadcasting with a minor in Spanish. She is the CC of her college's chapter of Her Campus, as well as the Secretary of the Women's Club Ice Hockey team. She hopes to one day become an author of fiction novels and collections of poetry. When she is not writing or on the ice she enjoys spending her time reading, hiking, and watching anime.
Jenna Wilson

Oswego '22

Jenna is a senior at SUNY Oswego majoring in Mass Communications and aiming for a Master's in Strategic Communications. Planning on working as a creative/art director, she’s also dreaming of yet another trip to Disney World. Jenna is also an avid lover of reality television, 90s music, and most of all, her family (and Bostons).
Carson Bruner is a broadcast and mass communications major with a minor in creative writing and another minor in business administration. A California native, Carson is enjoying her adventure in Upstate NY with her husband and two dogs. She loves to travel — she's been to four out of the seven continents. She's planning a trip to Antarctica when she graduates so she can dance with the penguins.
Sara is a double major in English and Creative Writing, with a minor in Communications at SUNY Oswego. She hopes to one day work for a publishing company as an editor, while also living out her lifelong dream to write books. When Sara isn't reading or writing, you can find her cooking, listening to music, or rewatching her favorite Netflix shows!
Graphic design and creative writing major.
Carly Sukiel

Oswego '22

Carly Sukiel is a senior at Suny Oswego majoring in both English and Business Administration. Carly is a proud member and the treasurer for both Her Campus and Women's Club Ice Hockey Team.
Mattie Wallace is a 20-year-old Cinema and Screen Studies major currently attending SUNY Oswego. Mattie is a junior who plays for the women's tennis team and is the official photographer/videographer for Her Campus Oswego. She loves to watch movies (obviously), meaning you can often times find her watching Bridget Jones Diary for the umpteenth time and arguing that it isn't just a cheesy romcom but a masterpiece in cinematic history. Whenever you see her, make sure to ask her what her favorite film is because it most definitely changes every time.