Wellness

Four Healthy Drinks to Stay Hydrated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s no secret that water has many health benefits other than simply staying hydrated. Sometimes the classic cup of H20 can seem boring and unappealing when it comes to deciding the perfect drink to sip throughout the day. I avoid the bore of constantly drinking water by cycling between my four favorite healthy drinks:

1. Spice Up Your Everyday Water

Who doesn’t like water? It’s simple and easy! A way to add a little more taste to your everyday cup of water is by adding sliced lemon or cucumber! Both lemon water and cucumber water aid in weight loss, improve skin quality, and aid in digestion. While you can add almost any fruit to your water, I personally reach for lemon slices whenever I want a tangy lemonade-like taste. Whenever I’m wanting something more fresh and clean, I prefer to add some cucumber to my water.

2. Collagen Water

Collagen water is a fast growing trend that has made it into the pantries of many. Collagen can offer beauty benefits and physical benefits as well. By adding collagen to your water, it can improve your skin’s dryness and reduce wrinkles. Physically, this powder can increase muscle mass, prevent bone loss, and relieve joint pain. These quick and easy collagen powder packs can be found in most grocery stores, but I for one recommend the brand Vital Proteins because of the many flavors and my own positive experiences.

3. Here’s the Tea

During the rise of TikTok, green tea has been constantly recommended to me by almost every lifestyle, cooking and fitness influencer on the app. After some research of my own, I discovered amazing benefits to adding green tea into your routine! A major benefit of green tea that circulates around is that it increases fat burning, but there are also other great benefits as well! Green tea may prevent some types of cancer, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. 

4. How Smooth of You

Sometimes you might be craving something sweet, and a green smoothie may be your best bet! Green smoothies vary from person to person, and I may not be a chef, but I know how to create a quick smoothie.

You will need:

• Spinach (to taste)

• Celery    (to taste)

• Banana  (or any fruit of your choice)

• Water   (or milk)

While this may not be the sweetest smoothie, the fruit adds in additional sweetness and taste to this drink. Drinking celery juice balances your sugar levels, maintains healthy cholesterol levels and sparks weight loss. Spinach also adds fiber and healthy fats, while water is the perfect foundation to this beverage.

Ajsa Mehmedovic is a junior at SUNY Oswego studying psychology and public relations. Ajsa enjoys conveying meaningful messages online and believes that social media has the power to bring people together. She would like to meld her psychology background and her passion for public relations by offering her understanding of people in a way that will affect positive public change. Offline you can find her exploring new hiking trails and the wonders of the unplugged world.
Kailey is a Senior who double-majors in English and Adolescent Education. She has been a writer from the time she could hold a pencil and an aspiring teacher since 1st grade. She currently substitute teaches at a preschool and hopes to teach ELA and Creative Writing to high schoolers in the future. Kailey is an fervent reader, runner, and yogi who is happiest when laughing with loved ones or eating something full of sugar!