This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

As the semester is coming to an end and tensions are rising, let us not forget that we are all human!

This past week, I found myself feeling excited about only having 3 weeks of class left for a few minutes before plunging into a pit of worry.  These three weeks are going to be intense, man. However, they will end and soon enough we won’t even remember the pain.

Here are some things to remember in the final weeks of this long, discouraging semester.

Clean your room! No one likes a messy work space or a cluttered chill space.  A clean room feels so refreshing.

Go to office hours. A little extra help is always good and it’s nice to make connections with professors.  Show them that you care!

Don’t forget that it’s really weird to put so much pressure on one single assignment.  The fact it’s made out to be normal is just sad, annoying, and unfair. Sorry we all have to do this.  I see you and I know you’re smart. One grade does not define you nor the work you put in throughout the entire semester.

Make sure you’re eating well and drinking lots of water!  And please, SLEEP.

Remember that we are all here to learn.  If you already knew everything it would all be a giant waste of time and money.  Stop comparing yourself to those people in your classes that seem like they have it all figured out – I promise they are all confused in another class.  Even if it seems like you’re confused and bullshitting your way through it all, in the future you’ll look back and realize that you did learn something along the way.  It always takes me awhile to realize that the constructive criticism and confusing failures actually helped me.

Sometimes all you need to re-focus is a change of scenery.  Go to the library or find a cozy spot in an academic building.  Find a study buddy and do work in their room. Go for a walk. Just get out of bed or away from your desk and try studying in a new environment free of distraction.

Make time for the things you always do that make you happy.  Try not to let your stress consume every waking moment. Go to the gym, hangout with friends, do anything you can to maintain a healthy routine.  You don’t always have to stop living your life in order to make time to study. Keeping your routine in check as best as you can and refusing to cut out every fun activity will be better for you in the long run.

Just do your best!  We’re almost at the end and at this point some of us may be stuck in holes that we just simply cannot get out of.  Don’t give up but also come to terms with the fact that there is only so much you can do. Do everything you can to lessen the blow and promise yourself to do better next semester.  School is hard and we all do poorly in a class at one point or another.

Stay safe, do your best, and good luck!

Kailey is a Senior who double-majors in English and Adolescent Education. She has been a writer from the time she could hold a pencil and an aspiring teacher since 1st grade. She currently substitute teaches at a preschool and hopes to teach ELA and Creative Writing to high schoolers in the future. Kailey is an fervent reader, runner, and yogi who is happiest when laughing with loved ones or eating something full of sugar!
Jordyn is a Biology major with a minor in creative writing at SUNY Oswego. She hopes to open a rehabilitation center for wildlife in the future. She's very passionate about animals and spreading awareness for animal rights. She also enjoys drawing and painting.