Don’t Worry, Your Life is Just Starting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Are you graduating in a couple of weeks? Are you scared of what your future holds for you? Don’t worry, odds are thousands of college seniors across the country are experiencing the same dilemma as you. But what you don’t realize is that graduation isn’t the end of your fun, productive and uplifting days. It’s actually the beginning.

Graduating college may be the scariest thing for some college students. The black hole of the future lingers above our heads, constantly reminding us that we need to find an apartment, a job and get our life together.

But that’s part of life.

Where would be we if everything was figured out for us? We wouldn’t have the chance to mess up and pick ourselves back up again. There is no greater feeling than knowing that you are the reason you got to where you are.

It’s OK to be scared. It’s OK to not know what your future holds. No one knows for certain. All you need to know is that as long as you are motivated, things will fall into place. No optimism in the world can prepare you for it, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

So the next time someone asks you, “What are your plans after graduation?” You can proudly say, “I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to finding out.”

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.