This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Hold your breath, we are officially in the last few weeks of the semester! Though it’s still snowing here, summer break is around the corner and the thought of getting some time off and relaxing has never sounded better. Even though warm and sunny days are close, we still have the last battle of finals week which is easily the most stressful week of the semester. To help combat these stressful days, I have been incorporating more self care time into each of my days. I think some of these tricks might help you relax a bit more during this final home stretch.

Recently, I have been loving drinking different kinds of tea. One kind I have been drinking regularly is the Yogi Calming Tea. The tea has lavender and chamomile, which tastes delicious and also helps calm me down and relax while I get ready for bed. Normally I bring a tea bag with me to the dining hall and drink it while I eat dinner and it has helped me so much!

Another trick I’ve been doing is using essential oils like lavender to help me sleep at night. I have been loving Dr. Teal’s Lavender Spray. Each night, I spray a few spritz on my pillow and my blanket before I go to sleep. It’s a very soothing scent that’s not too strong and doesn’t give me a headache. Another reason why I have been loving it is because it has not irritated my skin. I was nervous about using it on my pillow at first but I have not had any issues with it!

Lastly, I have been trying to make some time to either journal or meditate. Some days I write in my physical journal, other days I have been journaling using the “Day One” journaling app on my computer. Each day the app gives me a new prompt to write about, it’s a great way to find the positives in each day and reflect on it. I have also been trying out yoga, and though I am definitely not the best at it, yoga has been a great way to help me relax! I have been looking at different yoga sessions on YouTube and following them.

I am no expert but I hope these few quick tips and tricks can help you combat some of your stress as we wrap up the end of the school year!

Hi there! My name is Kate! I am currently a freshman at SUNY Oswego studying Mass Communications and Broadcasting! I enjoy music, sports, and theatre!