This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Video games are a way for me to de-stress after, well pretty much anything. After a long day at my internship, doing way too much homework or sitting through a really awful class, I can always pick myself up playing something good. Here are my favorite games to destress with.

1. Animal Crossing

I am OBSESSED with “Animal Crossing”. The series has always been, and always will be one of my favorites. It does wonders for my anxiety and stress when I can boot up my town and talk to cute animal villagers who love and adore me. And who doesn’t want cute animal neighbors?

2. Slime Rancher

I got this game for free from Xbox’ “Games with Gold” program, and I had only known a little about it before I started playing. I didn’t realize how much fun it would be taking care of little slime creatures. You have to micromanage everything from what slimes like to eat to what kind of habitats they can live in. All while exploring the Far, Far Range. I can get lost for hours just telling myself I’ll only do one more thing, and then one more thing turns into 20.

3. Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

I never played a Spyro game growing up, so I have no nostalgia for the “Spyro Reignited Trilogy”. I got the game over Black Friday and I’m loving it so far. I’ve only played a little bit of “Spyro the Dragon”, but I can’t wait for the semester to be over so I can fully immerse myself in this game.

4. Super Mario Odyssey

I can’t stop playing this game. I’ve already beaten the main story, but I can’t keep myself from coming back for more. I don’t know if it’s something about the tight controls or the ease of getting right back into the game but I love starting it up to find a random moon or play balloon world.

5. Pokemon Let’s Go

I have loved “Pokemon” ever since I picked out “Pokemon Diamond” for my Nintendo DS. I am so crazy about “Let’s Go Pikachu”. The graphics on the Nintendo Switch are phenomenal, and I’m enjoying the partner pokemon aspect of the game. While I do miss random battle encounters, I do understand the change to make the game an easy starting point for new players from “Pokemon Go”.

Mackenzie was the senior editor and Twitter manager for Her Campus Oswego. She was a double English and Journalism major at SUNY Oswego. She loves reading, video games, and a good cup of tea.
Melissa Lee

Oswego '19

CC Melissa is a senior journalism major with a double minor in creative writing and political science at SUNY Oswego. She loves music, makeup, dogs, and napping. 95% of the time she can be found drinking way too much coffee or finding new music on Spotify.