5 Upbeat Songs You Need to Add to Your Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

With a new semester comes a brand new playlist perfectly curated to get you through study marathons at the library and never-ending assignments. If you’re in need of music to add to your spring semester playlist, check out my favorite 5 songs at the moment.

“Broken Clocks” by SZA

I don’t think there will be a day where I’m not completely in love with SZA. Her debut studio album, Ctrl, came out last summer and it’s filled with beautiful R&B songs that I think everyone should listen to. Check it out if you like Frank Ocean or Daniel Caesar who have a similar sound.

“Pineapple Skies” by Miguel

On days where you feel like absolutely nothing is going your way, “Pineapple Skies” is the ideal song to blast in your room. Listed on his most recent album War & Leisure, Miguel’s sultry soft voice sounds like velvet. And I mean, who doesn’t want to listen to that when they’re having a hard day? Check it out if you like SZA or Kehlani.

“Chamber Of Reflection” by Mac DeMarco

Frequently referred to as one of the best artists in today’s indie game, “Chamber Of Reflection” is pretty much the definition of a ‘chill song.’ Check it out if you like HOMESHAKE or Beach House.

“Best Friend” by Rex Orange County

This friendly upbeat song falls under the same category as “Pineapple Skies.” The catchy melodies woven throughout this tune manage to create another feel-good song, perfect for the days where you just need a pick-me-up. Check it out if you like The Japanese House or Brockhampton.

“Hannah” by SWMRS

Unlike any other song on the list, “Hannah” includes aspects of alternative and pop punk that make it difficult not to love. The California-bred band is definitely not one to skip. Check it out if you like The Wrecks or Wavves.

Melissa Lee

Oswego '19

CC Melissa is a senior journalism major with a double minor in creative writing and political science at SUNY Oswego. She loves music, makeup, dogs, and napping. 95% of the time she can be found drinking way too much coffee or finding new music on Spotify.
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!