Healthy (and Delicious!) Restaurants Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Ah, New Year’s Resolutions. Many people are now striving to work out every day or eat better, while some are just trying to go to class a few times a week. If you’re trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I’ve found some restaurants in the Columbus area that are not only healthy, but taste amazing. 

I have to begin with my favorite restaurant of all time, Brassica. Where do I even begin? This restaurant is quick, delicious, and inexpensive. If you haven’t heard of it, you get your food in a similar fashion to Chipotle. However, instead of Mexican, it is Mediterranean food. You can get either a sandwich which has all the ingredients stuffed into a whole grain pita, or you can get a salad with rice and lentils as the base. In addition, the choices of protein are chicken, falafel, brisket, or glazed bacon. After your base and protein, you can load up on humus, roasted cauliflower, spicy carrots, and many other delicious veggies. The list goes on and on. Can’t you tell how much I love it? Take it from me; you aren’t living until you’ve tried Brassica.

The next restaurant that you must try if you’re trying to eat healthy (or just want some delicious food) is Happy Greek. It is located in the Short North area, actually just down the road from Brassica. I know it’s hard to tell what kind of food this will be, but it’s Greek. Surprise! Maybe it’s just me, but I think Greek food is absolutely amazing. I love lemon, olive oil, gyro meat… basically everything Greek. This restaurant has great salads, chicken dishes, humus, and any other food you could possibly want. If you go here, be prepared to spend around $15 or a little more after tip. Trust me, it’s worth it.

Thirdly, CoreLife Eatery is a must try restaurant. I actually haven’t had this yet, but it’s been on my radar for a long time. Here, you can get your own grain bowl, bone broth, or salad. Let me tell you, the menu looks heavenly and extremely healthy. You can load up on veggies, quinoa (my favorite), and plenty of protein, whether it’s chicken, steak, or tofu. I’m actually making myself hungry while looking at the menu. Yeah, it’s that good.

Northstar Café is not only aesthetically pleasing, but your taste buds will be pleased as well. This cute little restaurant serves some tasty brunch as well as lunch and dinner. Northstar uses organic ingredients, and they have plenty of vegan options as well. You can also go with someone who has a hearty appetite or a sweet tooth because they have choices like big breakfast burritos, burgers, and pancakes. It is located in the Short North area, so it’s perfect for a brunch with your friends!

Last but not least, Alchemy Juice Bar and Café is a great place to get in some antioxidants. They have fresh pressed juices, smoothies, and acai bowls, which are all perfect for your Instagram. In addition, they have amazing salads, toast, and sandwiches. Anything you get from this café will be loaded with protein, antioxidants, and it will leave you feeling satisfied. Don’t be afraid to try something different! Get an interesting sounding juice or try that vegetable that you’ve never heard of. Step out of your comfort zone with this café because you truly can’t go wrong with any item.

I am a junior at The Ohio State University studying Marketing and English. I have 2 cats which I love more than anything, and I enjoy shopping, traveling, and watching Tasty videos on Facebook (which I can do for hours... it's kind of a problem).