This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s college decision season, ladies, and that means stress levels are through the roof for high school seniors unsure of where their college dreams are taking them. We hear you over at Her Campus, and we’re going to make it easier. Here are five reasons why I chose OSU.

1. Student Life. Listen, you can’t go wrong with over 1,000 students organizations, top-tier sporting events and 60,000 students. To me this, showed that I was bound to find people I clicked with no matter what.
  2. Ohio State really cared. As a journalism student, I was worried about loving a school whose journalism program wasn’t plastered everywhere. I expressed this concern to an advisor before I decided, and she set up a personal meeting for me in The Lantern newsroom with its faculty advisor. That meeting decided it for me, and my experience in the program has been incredibly hands-on. Did I mention our Communication Research department is the best in the country? No regrets here.
  3. Tradition. Both of my parents and my grandparents attended Ohio State, and they always talked about the history and tradition Ohio State had to offer. Script Ohio, singing Carmen, Michigan week, the Victory Bell…no matter what tradition, it’s hard not to feel like something bigger than yourself.
  4. Urban campus. My dream was always an urban campus; I wanted to always have something to do. Columbus is the best city for that. You will never try all the restaurants in four years, the art galleries are always changing and the shops are so unique. I love visiting German Village on the weekends and finding new places to explore. I’m busy every weekend.
  5. Diversity. I always wanted to attend a big school; you can always make a big school seem small, but not the other way around. I needed a campus with people who were different than myself, one with a large variety of majors (good in case I needed to change mine) and people. Attending Taste of OSU reminded me of how diverse we are and how much I love that

Best of luck with those college decisions, ladies! 

Hey! I'm Sam, a journalism major from OSU.