5 Self-Care Ideas For the Autumn Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

As the weather become colder and the leaves change color, a new season brings about exciting ways to practice self care. Here are five fall-themed ways to dedicate some time to yourself this season.

1. RE-DECORATE YOUR LIVING SPACE

One of the best parts about fall is it’s aesthetic. Personally, I believe that the fall collection of Bath and Body Works products is tough to beat. So go out and buy your favorite autumn-scented candle, as well as some orange and red wreaths to hang on your door. You could even add a few pumpkins to put on a dresser or spooky throw pillows for your couch or bed.

2. GO FOR A HIKE

Fall is composed of the perfect temperatures for outdoor activities, especially hiking. Get online and research a nearby trail of your area of residence. From there, throw together your most darling hiking ensemble, grab a water bottle, some friends and cute pair of hiking boots and go for it! There is nothing like fresh air combined with a fun physical activity to embrace the best version of you!

3. WATCH A MOVIE OR TV SHOW

Nothing screams self-care then taking the time out of your day to enjoy some quality television. Grab some cozy Pjs and a warm blanket to kick off a relaxing evening. A couple of my personal favorite movies and TV shows that have a fall ambiance are “When Harry Met Sally“(Netflix), Hocus Pocus” (Disney+), “Gilmore Girls” (Netflix) and “Stranger Things” (Netflix).

4. BAKE SOME YUMMY TREATS

Who doesn’t love desert? Between pumpkin spice pastries or homemade caramel candies, there are plenty of delicious options to explore. Take some time to research some fun, fall-themed treats to bake for yourself and others!

5. EMBARK IN OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES

One of the most amazing things about fall is the abundance of activities there is. From going to a corn maze with some girlfriends, to kicking it alone on a beautiful walk through the Autumn leaf piles, there are a myriad of options to choose from. Whatever you choose, the important thing is that you making time for yourself to get outside and experience the crisp, fall air!

Hawa is a first-year student at Ohio State University studying strategic communications. When she's not writing, you can find her reading a good book or in line at a movie theatre!