valentine\'s day chocolate covered strawberries
Original photo by Aislin Daugherty

SELF-CARE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With romance as the main focus of Valentine’s Day, many people overlook the importance of self-care on this holiday. If you want to use this day to appreciate yourself, continue reading for five self-care activities you can do this Valentine’s Day!

1. Treat Yourself! 🍩🧁

I mean, Valentine’s Day is all about sweets, right? In my opinion, the best way to celebrate yourself is by enjoying a sweet treat that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Luckily for us OSU girlies, there are plenty of shops nearby that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Of course, there’s Dunkin’ on High Street, one of my favorite places to hang out after class. Also located on High Street is Insomnia Cookies, and their cookies are absolutely heavenly! If you’re looking for something a little closer to your classes, I’d recommend Terra Byte Cafe on OSU’s campus, which has the most delicious red velvet white mochas.

2. Spa night!🧖‍♀️

Ok, guys, I know dorm life does not make spa night the easiest thing in the world, but do not fret! Amazon has the cutest collapsable foot baths for a super cheap price. Enjoy your Valentine’s Day studying with a pedicure! Pro tip: add Epsom salt for ten times the relaxation; I like to get mine from Target for less than $6.

3. Make a vision board🎨✨

Vision boards can be for any occasion, so spend your day envisioning your wildest dreams! Where do you want to be in the next six months? Are there any goals you have? Any aspirations? Let it all out! Vision boards don’t always have to be super deep and personal—they could simply just be a cute collage of your favorite aesthetics! Making vision boards is my favorite thing to do whenever I experience negative emotions. Make a girls’ night out of it and invite your friends! A.C. Moore and Michaels have the best craft supplies to make your visions come to life. Of course, there’s always our beloved Pinterest for vision board inspo!

4. Write a letter to yourself📝✍️

If you’re not the most crafty person in the world (totally understandable), a sentimental alternative to making a vision board is writing a letter to yourself. This can be dedicated to your past, present or future self. Take this time to reflect on what makes you who you are and what you love about yourself! Oftentimes during holidays like Valentine’s Day, we get so caught up in the idea of needing someone else to show us love, making us forget to show that same love to ourselves. The only person who knows you the best is you! Please make sure you’re kind to yourself on this day and every day. 😉

5. Movie night!🎥🍿

Who doesn’t love a good rom-com on Valentine’s Day? The day is practically made for rom-coms! Cuddle up with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn (and tissues!) for a comforting movie night that can be enjoyed on your own or with your friends! Some of my favorite rom-coms to watch on Valentine’s include “13 Going on 30,” “10 Things I Hate About You,” “Clueless” and “Crazy Rich Asians.” Let Netflix be your date on Feb. 14!

This is a reminder that Valentine’s Day can be all about you, too! Enjoy yourself this upcoming Valentine’s Day, and don’t forget to practice some much-needed self-care!

Xoxo,

Her Campus at OSU💕

Hello! My name is Taryn, and I am a first-year English major at The Ohio State University. I love to write, whether that be for creative means or for opinionated articles. I am so excited to join Her Campus and be part of the team! <3