This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With spring break coming up in just a few days, it’s not too late to squeeze in some last-minute plans for a staycation near campus! Here are just five of Columbus’ hottest sites and activities to get your mind off classes. 

Paint & Sip Studio

What better way to spruce up your home than to take home a painting (or two) while supporting local businesses? And the best part about it? No prior experience necessary — a blessing for the woefully ungifted artists like me. At roughly $42 per guest, you can book a two-hour session with Pinot’s Palette Short North

Looking for class suggestions? I recommend Holiday in Paradise for a warm tropical sunset perfect for the spring vibes or the Acrylic Pour Class for colorful (and unique) splash art. You can also try your hand at blacklight painting with the Majestic Moonlight class!

Columbus Food Adventures Tours

Enjoy a taste of Columbus by registering for discounted food tours through D-Tix. For just $30 per person, you can join in on a tour of Short North, German Village and Grandview Avenue over the weekend of spring break. Bon appétit!

Otherworld Museum

Another D-Tix experience, register online for a weekend visit for just $12. Whether you’re going by yourself, with a date or with a group of friends, this immersive art museum is unlike any other. 

Also be sure to check out the special events, including seasonal parties and performance art! Otherworld Museum is hosting a party in celebration of this upcoming St. Patrick’s Day.

Movie Marathon with D-Tix

Looking to stay closer to campus? Head down to Gateway Film Center for a $3 movie experience through D-Tix

Watch new releases from just last year, such as the slice-of-life drama “Perfect Days” or the animated fantasy “The Boy and the Heron.” If you prefer the classics, you can even purchase tickets for the horror comedy “American Psycho (2000)” or the sci-fi action film “Blade Runner (1982).”

Local Businesses

If you’d rather spend this season at your own pace, look no further than these places:

Sip on some local brews with light breakfast items at the Roaming Goat Coffee Company and return to campus with bags of coffee beans in tow! Other prime cafe locations include Fox in the Snow and Gata Mágica Café and Lounge

Also, consider exploring the historic German Village for a day! With several cafes, restaurants and dessert shops lining the streets, you’ll have a full list of places to check out. And don’t overlook The Book Loft, a cozy 32-room bookstore!

I’m no Columbus native, but if my two years at OSU have taught me anything, the city’s a cultural hub for everyone. This list doesn’t even begin to cover all it has to offer! Whether you’re an incoming freshman or a seasoned upperclassman, you’ll never run out of places to go. 

Michelle Wang is an Ohio State pre-law student majoring in Criminology and History. Beyond academics, her interests include creative writing, Wushu, Korean- and Mandopop and all things history (with a particular fondness for Tudor England). She hopes to share her love for writing in all its mediums!