books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Top 10 Coffee Shops On and Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

In collegiette life, coffee breaks are vital. Whether on campus or near campus, you’re sure to find a great place to take a pause between classes, do some homework or perhaps avoid an annoying roommate for a couple hours.

1. Vero Espresso (205 E 14th Avenue) – Ringing in at number one is Vero Espresso. Although not located on the University of Oregon Campus, this delightful café is just walking distance off campus and offers both indoor and outdoor seating. The café even offers customers an option to reserve a room upstairs if you have a larger party. Also, the outdoor deck during the warmer spring months makes for a perfect coffee break.

2. Espresso Roma (825 East 13th Avenue) – Located between Starbucks and the Duck Store, Espresso Roma has plenty of strong espresso to get you through a long day of midterms. More than 700 pastries are made here every morning! Some people claim that their coffee is even better than Starbucks!

3. Starbucks (801 E 13th Ave) – Starbucks hardly needs an introduction. This popular coffee stop has just been remodeled and boasts of much more space than it did last year because Starbucks purchased the once Quizno’s portion inside the building.

4. Marche Café (University of Oregon Campus) – Nestled inside of the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, Marche offers a warm atmosphere with plenty of table space. Stop by after exploring the museum or meet up with a friend in Marche’s outdoor patio.

5. Eugene City Bakery (19th & Agate) – This adorable shop is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the rec fields, next to Prince Pücklers. The bakery is inspired by European methods and there are drinks ranging from Italian soda to espresso.

6. Dutch Bros. Coffee (311 E 11th Ave) – Two words: enthusiastic service! This business will have a coffee in your hands pronto and they have a great selection of hot and cold beverages aimed to please.

7. The Buzz (University of Oregon Campus) – Located underneath the Fish Bowl, this café is a perfect pit stop between classes and is constantly filled with fellow ducks. Sure to quench your thirst or fill you up with yummy treats.

8. Eugene Coffee Company (240 E. 17TH) – This shop is worth the walk! Aside from coffee, also on the menu are bagels, oatmeal, teas, Italian sodas, milkshakes, breakfast burritos and more.

9. Brail’s Espresso (1695 Willamette St) – This coffee shop is sure to please and sure to keep you wide-awake with a couple of shots of espresso. A cozy atmosphere will welcome you to stay and indulge your sweet tooth with baked goods.

10. Glenwood Restaurant (1340 Alder St) – Although, not technically a coffee shop, this restaurant has some great coffee and it’s close to campus! While you’re having a cup of coffee before class, investigate the menu and check out their omelets!

I am a senior at the University of Oregon! I love to run, play soccer and hangout with my roommates. Typical college chick stuff! I am excited for my future in either journalism or advertising, I'm majoring in both!