This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Self-care is always important to incorporate in our busy days, but it is especially important during these hectic weeks! When you see your friends and ask how they are, a response may be i’m fine but so stressed!! Sharing what we do for self-care with others can give them an idea of how they can implement 20 minutes of care into their days too! So, I asked some friends at the UO how they have been practicing self-care!!

“I keep a detailed planner because it helps me stay on track and feel in control,” 

Juliana Rosenfeld, 19

“I listen to music because it relaxes me and calms my nerves,”

Claire Rondeau, 19

“I use aromatherapy to de-stress after a long day,” 

Josie Smith, 18

“To practice self care, I often go to the gym so that I can let out pent up anger and stress through physical exercise which benefits me mentally as it releases endorphins,”

Amy Chen, 18

“I write in a journal that has prompts because it helps me figure stuff out in a way that I wouldn’t’t think of myself,” 

Jesse Goodman, 19

“I like to work out and stay fit because it helps me relieve the stresses of college life”

Amy Olsen, 21

“When I’m feeling particularly stressed or anxious, I take a break from classes, homework, and studying to light my favorite candle, play some relaxing music, put on a face mask (skin care first, ladies) and run through breathing exercises to help calm my mind! After doing this, I feel ready to take on the challenges school can bring, and my skin usually thanks me too!”

Stephanie Smith, 20

I loved learning all the different ways that my friends practice self-care! I encourage you and your friends to find ways to take care of yourself, making sure you all have carved out a portion of the day dedicated to treatin’ yo self!!

Sareena graduated from the University of Oregon in 2020 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Science and minor in Nonprofit Administration. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who creates inclusive fitness experiences where every body and mind can feel proud of their accomplishments! She is currently a full-time personal trainer and coach in Southern California! Sareena hopes to empower Her Campus readers with her voice and chronicle the realities that comprise post-grad life.  You can find her on instagram, @seedswithsareena. If you want to try one of her workouts, find Seeds with Sareena on Youtube!
The official Her Campus Oregon account