This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Nowadays, we spend a majority of our time on electronics, sharing our lives and communicating with the people around us. Our laptops, smart phones and tablets help us in so many ways. The tools that help us the most are apps. Apps are what entertain, connect, and aide us in our everyday activities. What some of the most popular apps such as Vine, Snapchat, and Instagram have in common are their usability and their content sharing capabilities.

Meet the new app, Memento!

Memento has that usability and capability, but much more. Memento is a new app that uses the video abilities of Vine and the sharing capabilities of Snapchat. However it has redesigned the idea of video and photo sharing.

“We wanted to create an app that made it both fun and easy to share day-to-day experiences in a way that added up to something much bigger – the story of your life,” says Christopher Lo, Co-Founder and Product Designer.

This app allows you to group videos together of one event to create a series of videos. The goal of Memento is to help you relive your experiences in a more engaging and meaningful way. It is also a more intimate experience because you can privately share your content with your friends and family. Memento allows users to make short movies about their lives.

I love that this app is very user friendly. The icons are relevant and clear to their uses. The logo is sleek and recognizable. One of my favorite aspects of Memento was how the main concentration was on the images. Because there are only three colors to this app and a legible font, it pushes your focus on the content. I was surprised to find that there were filters for the videos, but found it to be a fun touch. What is most appealing about Memento is how engaging it is. I know we all love documenting our lives and this app is the best app for that autobiographical documentary style of your life’s events.

You can download the app for free HERE and begin sharing your life in a meaningful way.

Claire is a sophomore at the University of Oregon, majoring in advertising and film studies and minoring in multimedia. Originally from Singapore, Claire is from San Jose, California, and absolutely loves the Oregon lifestyle. She loves chai tea lattes, daydreaming, and playing scrabble. Twitter: clairecchong
The official Her Campus Oregon account