This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Age: 22
Hometown: Lanham, MD
Class: 2012
Major: Business
Relationship Status: Single

HCUO: What is something that you wish more people knew about you?
Jake: I have a big heart, and I really care about everyone in my life, and there’s always room for more.

HCUO: Who is your biggest role model?
Jake: Honestly, my dad because he’s a very strong-willed person and a hard worker.

HCUO: If I were to walk into your bedroom right now, what would I find?
Jake: Right now? A pile of white…clean…laundry, my snowboard, a LOT of sneakers (I love my kicks), and my TV. But on a regular basis, there is clothing strewn around.

HCUO: What was your favorite boy band in elementary school?
Jake: Sorry to say it, but…Backstreet Boys. I was supposed to perform in my fourth grade talent show with a couple of my friends, but I bailed.

HCUO: Do you play any sports?
Jake: In high school, I played basketball, golf, and baseball. I also like to snowboard, but I think my passion is golf because I’ve been playing it my whole life, and it’s something I will continue to do for a long time.

HCUO: What do you consider cheating in a relationship?
Jake: Oh, wow…I think the boundary is crossed when it starts to get physical, even if that just means kissing or making out.

HCUO: If you could speak to any type of animal, what would it be and why?
Jake: Probably a penguin because then I would be able to hang out with them, and you know they have a good time!

HCUO: What is your favorite quote and why?
Jake: “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” I like this quote because that’s kind of how I’ve lived my life. I like to experience new things, and I think my experiences have shaped who I am.

HCUO: What’s your “type”?
Jake: Someone who’s fun, that I can just hang out with. I’ve always liked adventurous girls that are outgoing, real, faithful, and down to try new things.

HCUO: Do you have any hidden talents that collegiettes™ should know about?
Jake: I’m pretty good at impersonations…my Australian accent is bar none. (Author’s note: It really is.)

HCUO: Any further comments or kudos?
Jake: Carpe diem; go Yankees.

A University of Oregon junior and San Francisco native, Charmaine Ng loves authentic noodle dishes and will always opt for Asian and Italian cuisine when pressed to choose a restaurant. She is a self-proclaimed "noodler," someone who uses her noodle to collaborate with others and bring big ideas to life. She interns for a student-run full-service ad agency, blogs for a wedding and event planning company, and runs the UO Muggle Quidditch League. In her spare time, she sleeps, and sleeps, and sleeps - and dabbles in social media and blogging, her two biggest passions. Her quirkiness isn't apparent at first, but then she starts talking about packaging design and making funny faces, and you wonder what happened to that shy Asian girl you first met. With ambition bursting beyond the campus walls, Charmaine can't wait to graduate and work for an agency, company, or publication in community outreach efforts using social media.