Dance All Night & Help Save Lives With HCO & University of Oregon Dance Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Any of you guys and gals out there love to dance? Imagine if you could dance your heart out all day long knowing it’s helping save lives. Well, thanks to the Miracle Network Dance Marathon you can do exactly that! The Miracle Network hosts Dance Marathons all over the country to help raise money for families in need of medical assistance. The homepage for the Miracle Network even states that “since inception, Miracle Network Dance Marathon has raised more than $200 million for kids across North America—ensuring that no child or family fights pediatric illness or injury alone.” The Miracle Network is a “non-profit organization that works with over 170 pediatric hospitals across the country.”

Luckily, for all University of Oregon students, we can all participate in one of the Dance Marathons! On Saturday, January 27th, from 1-10 pm in the EMU ballroom there will be a Miracle Network Dance Marathon taking place. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend, as it will be a day spent having fun while helping raise money for a great cause. But don’t worry, no dance skills are needed! There will be FREE food provided as well as games and music. The University of Oregon Dance Marathon (UODM) staff are fully committed to making this event amazing, as the UO has been a repeat participant for over a decade now and it has become a great tradition.

We were able to talk to Amanda Carver, the Director of Recruitment for the UODM, about her favorite moments with UODM, “I love being a part of UODM because though my team and I put endless hours of work and money into the organization, we are able to meet and interact with the children who we impact! Every dollar we work to raise saves the lives of babies and children in our community, and being able to see those kids thrive and live their lives is incredibly rewarding.”

Last but not least, Her Campus is participating in the UODM and even has a team! So if you would like to sign up and donate then PLEASE DO! It’s such a great cause and is also so much fun. Sign up, help save lives and dance your heart out! If you would like to stay in the know with the upcoming events you can follow the UODM Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as follow the Miracle Network Dance marathon Instagram.

We can’t wait and hope to see you dancing with us this weekend!

Thumbnail Photo Courtesy of The Daily Emerald

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
The official Her Campus Oregon account