This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It’s hard during week 4 when midterms so here are some ways to cope with stress during midterm season: 

1. Take a walk outside 

Sometimes we need a little break from our computer screens and need to take a breath of fresh air. Go on a walk outside for about 20 to 30 minutes to relieve your stress and listen to a podcast or music. 

2. Talk on the Phone with a friend 

It’s difficult right now to make plans outside during Covid-19, but Facetiming a friend for a little bit can ease your mind. It’s nice to be able to make time to catch up with a friend over the phone from back home or even talk to a family member. As human beings, we need time to socialize with others. 

3. Workout 

Making time to work out at the gym, go on a run, or do any other work out activity is a fulfilling way to release tension and stress from sitting in your study space. Leaving your apartment or dorm to go outside or go to the gym is a good way to recharge and working out releases endorphins, which is beneficial to a positive mindset. 

4. Watch YouTube or Netflix

When I need a break from studying, I will reward myself to watch one episode from my favorite Netflix series, New Girl or watch a vlog on YouTube. I like to have a break of downtime to relax and relieve myself through comedy or entertainment. Taking the time to give yourself a 30 minute break in between will allow you to recharge. 

5. Meditation 

This may seem like a silly activity to do, but taking the time to focus on your breathing and relax your mind can release stress and tension. Personally, I like to listen to the mini meditation podcast for a few minutes to focus on my mental health. This is a simple way to step back from the load of assignments and studying.  I recommend listening to a mediation podcast on Spotify or Apple or downloading the Mindset app. 

Hello! My name is Courtney Yamada, I am a junior at the University of Oregon, studying Public Relations and Advertising with a Business Administration minor. I am from Seal Beach, CA and have 2 shih tzus named Cody and Pepper back home. I love going to the beach or go on hikes with friends and family. I am excited to be a part of the HerCampus team to express myself through my writing! Sco Ducks!
The official Her Campus Oregon account