Campus Celeb: Mackenzie (Mack) Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Mackenzie “Mack” Smith

Grade: Senior

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Gresham, OR

What are involved with on campus?

I am the Student Life Emerging Leaders Cohort Coordinator and I’m also an Account Supervisor for Allen Hall PR on the Susan. G. Komen account.

What do you do in your role as the Student Life Emerging Leaders Cohort Coordinator?

The SLEL program is an internship opportunity throught the Division of Student Life. It is to educate students about what a career in the Div. of Student Life looks like and the opportunities offered to them in said career. I personally field a lot of emails and run weekly meetings for the programs. I’m also responsible for setting up speakers for these meetings. In Winter term, the groups will present different ideas to the university in hopes of creating a more inclusive community on campus. It is also designed to promote Oregon spirit in general.

What do you plan to do when you graduate?

My dream job is to work in the PR department for ESPN. Since I was born, sports have had a large presense in my life. My grandparents used to tell me stories about how I would just sit in front of the tv for hours watching hockey games. *Laughs* I could also see myself working in crisis communications at a large company.

What will you miss most about UO?

Probably the opportunity to meet so many different types of people who are all united in one thing. I would consider myself someone who has friends in lots of different schools and areas, but we can all bond over being a duck and loving Oregon.

Fun fact about yourself?

I went to Auburn Univeristy for my freshman year before transferring. Don’t worry, I’ve converted to being a full duck fan.

What are you currently watching on Netflix?

I’m currently watching Archer. It’s about a secret agent who gets into shenanigians but somehow always manages to pull it off… kind of like me. *Laughs*

Spirit animal?

Defnitely a hippo. They also happen to be my favorite animal because hippos are portrayed in the media as fun, dancy animals, but in reality they are very tough and protective… also kind of like me

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.