A Busy Gal’s Guide to Sunny Eugene Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

When Eugene surprises us with a sunny day on our busiest day, it can feel pretty shitty hearing from all your friends that they had a picnic on the EMU lawn or that they got to hike up Spencer’s Butte in the afternoon. 

Luckily, I have collected some ways (or should I say rays) for us busy gals to enjoy the sun, too!

Looking to be active in the sun?

• Turn your morning walk to class into a run to campus and through the Rec fields. This way you’ll be getting to class on time and squeezing in some much vitamin D and cardio sesh.
  • Change your workout from the weight room to the Rec fields. Do some body weight exercises to build up your strength while enjoying the sunshine.

Looking to relax?

• Well, relaxation is barely in my vocabulary. But when the sun is out and I have a ton of work to do, I will bring a blanket with me to campus and find a quiet spot near the education and music buildings to get shit done.
  • When you have that 5 minutes to eat your snack before rushing to your next class, take the snack outside. Walk around the building or take a seat outside to bask in the sun.
Sareena graduated from the University of Oregon in 2020 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Science and minor in Nonprofit Administration. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who creates inclusive fitness experiences where every body and mind can feel proud of their accomplishments! She is currently a full-time personal trainer and coach in Southern California! Sareena hopes to empower Her Campus readers with her voice and chronicle the realities that comprise post-grad life.  You can find her on instagram, @seedswithsareena. If you want to try one of her workouts, find Seeds with Sareena on Youtube!
The official Her Campus Oregon account