Boarding in Alton Baker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

May 5, 2011.

Ryan Riddick, Nanette Ralphs, and Katherine Bakke enjoy the sunshine of early May while longboarding around Alton Baker Park.

Tiana Bouma is a senior double majoring in Journalism with a focus on magazine and Political Science. She has completed her Business Administration minor.  Bouma’s hometown is now Bend, Oregon but she graduated high school in Danville, California. Bouma has been writing, photographing, and editing for Her Campus since April 2011. but this is her first term as a Branch Manager. After graduation Bouma plans on traveling as much as she can and working for magazines such as National Geographic or a travel magazine. During her spare time, Bouma enjoys music, reading, sports, and movies.  Every moment is a new adventure and she plans to enjoy all of them. 
A University of Oregon junior and San Francisco native, Charmaine Ng loves authentic noodle dishes and will always opt for Asian and Italian cuisine when pressed to choose a restaurant. She is a self-proclaimed "noodler," someone who uses her noodle to collaborate with others and bring big ideas to life. She interns for a student-run full-service ad agency, blogs for a wedding and event planning company, and runs the UO Muggle Quidditch League. In her spare time, she sleeps, and sleeps, and sleeps - and dabbles in social media and blogging, her two biggest passions. Her quirkiness isn't apparent at first, but then she starts talking about packaging design and making funny faces, and you wonder what happened to that shy Asian girl you first met. With ambition bursting beyond the campus walls, Charmaine can't wait to graduate and work for an agency, company, or publication in community outreach efforts using social media.