girl thinking college sweatshirt
girl thinking college sweatshirt
Her Campus Media

The Best YouTube Channels for Lifestyle, Beauty & Wellness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

I have to admit that I’m an avid YouTube watcher. While I do enjoy my occasional Shane Dawson and David Dobrik video, I also have found some great YouTube channels that focus on beauty, lifestyle and wellness for all races, genders, and backgrounds. I have learned a lot about the different beauty standards around the world, as well as have been able to take away helpful tips and tricks to make my day-to-day routine easier. The channels are Vogue, Refinery29, and Harper’s BAZAAR

Vogue

Everyone knows the world-famous Vogue magazine, but now it’s easier and free to access online. The channel has “Beauty Secrets” from famous models and celebrities, “73 questions” with celebrities, “Life in Looks”, where celebrities break down their most iconic looks, “Diary of a Model”, which is a day in the life of a model, and “24 Hours With”, spending 24 hours with a celebrity. This is the best channel if you want to get beauty tips and product recommendations from the professionals themselves. 

Refinery29

Refinery29 is a beauty and lifestyle channel that dives deep into investigative journalism. “Shady”, exposes the dark and real side of the beauty world, “Style Out There”, explores fashion subcultures all over the world, “Truth Told” lets real people tell their stories, and “State of Grace” follows a woman exploring the dangers of mixing religion and gender identity. I like this channel a lot because it has more journalist and documentary style videos, investigating beauty issues that aren’t talked about in our society. 

Harper’s BAZAAR

If you’re looking for a channel that has great fashion and beauty tips/inspiration, I would definitely check out Harper’s BAZAAR. On the channel, the four most popular videos are: “Go To Bed With Me”, where celebrities break down their night-time routines, “Food Diaries”, which explains everything celebs eat in a day, “Derm Reacts”, where dermatologists ask frequently asked beauty questions, and “This Look is $$$”, which hits the streets to find the best and most expensive fashion looks. 

I'm a Journalism Major at the University of Oregon who loves to write, take photos, and do anything that allows me to be creative!
The official Her Campus Oregon account