bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Happy Week 2, everyone! I hope you are having a fantastic winter term. Since it is getting cold, you know what that means…cold and flu viruses. Although the winter term can be an unhappy time, there is an excellent solution to this unhappiness. You can do activities or spend time with your friends. However, if you are sick in bed or just merely trying to get healthier, to which I hope you are not doing any strenuous activities or hanging out with other people to spread the illness, I have five tips on not dying this term.

Emergency Vitamin C

Emergen-C is a dietary supplement that was initially formed as a powder that you put in water. It is filled with many essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, and much more that enhances your energy without the need for caffeine! I used this when I go skiing for extra power, and when I get sick and need a boost of strength to start the day. I prefer the Raspberry Immune Plus Emergen-C for a fizzy drink mix of nutrients. Since it has lots of vitamin C, vitamin D and many other antioxidants, it allows for a healthier immune system.

Hydration Tissues

Honestly, I think almost everyone has used tissues made by Kleenex, but these particular ones are the best for a moisturized and soft nose. Two of my favorite types of Kleenex tissues are Antiviral and Soothing- Lotion types. Antiviral is best when there are others around that are sick, the Soothing-Lotion one is best when your nose is raw and in pain from trying to breathe.

Eucalyptus Rub

Vicks, eucalyptus vapor rub is the best for when you are trying to breathe at night. Vicks also has a collaboration with Puffs, another leading facial tissue brand, that made tissues with the vapor rub infused into them and makes it a lot easier to breathe.

The Essential Tea

Tea, the essential drink for when your sick and need something other than water to hydrate and flush out the bacteria in your body. I make the most common, yet most nutrient-oriented tea for when I’m sick. This type of tea will boost my immune system and usually soothes a sore throat. It contains the main ingredients of lemon, which is vitamin C; honey, which is a common cough reliever; and green tea, for calming relief.

Manuka Drops

Last but most certainly not least, is Wedderspoon’s Organic Manuka Honey Drops with Ginger, which are a product from New Zealand. These are the best cough drops that contain such natural and real ingredients, it tastes like hard candy, but with ginger in it. They do have other kinds of flavors, but this is the best one for sicknesses. I personally eat one of these when I have allergies, which is a lot, and when my throat is sore.

Hi everyone! My name is Melanie Matayoshi and I'm from Los Angeles, California. I'm currently a freshman at the University of Oregon studying to be an Advertising major minoring in Entrepreneurship. I'm a boba addict who loves to travel, hang out with friends and family, find great places to eat, go snowboarding, play golf and basketball and go to the beach. My creative passions are shooting photography, bullet journaling, graphic design and fashion. I am super excited to be a part of the HerCampus team to express myself through writing, share ideas, and inspire others. Welcome to my page and also...SCO DUCKS!
The official Her Campus Oregon account