Your Essential Guide to Thrift Stores in Corvallis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

There are lots of thrift stores in Corvallis, but it can be hard to know where to start especially as a newcomer. I personally love thrift shopping, and everytime I travel I immediately search to find out if there is one in town. If you want to go on the ultimate budget-friendly fashionista tour of our lovely town, check out my guide below!

1. Goodwill

Location: 1325 NW 9th Street

Description: My favorite part about the Goodwill here in town is that there is so much stuff available to you. There are books, apartment decorating supplies, clothes, shoes, seasonal items, and so many random knick-knacks. I also love the color coded displays of not only their clothing but the dishware and home décor in the back of the store. Look out for the colored tags for items that may be on sale, because this changes daily. Funding from the sale of donated goods in the store goes toward providing jobs, career training, language assistance, access to transportation, and childcare to people in need, such as seniors, veterans, people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds, and other specialized needs.

Social Media:

Facebook

Youtube

Twitter

2. Runway Fashion Exchange

Location: 264 SW Madison Avenue

Description: The things that make Runway great to me are that you get cash on the spot for the items you bring in (in the form of cash or a store gift card) and the fact that they update their social media with lovely clothes in the store almost constantly to give you more outfit ideas. Runway is a relative newcomer here in town and a great addition. Check them out for both new and used men’s and women’s fashions! To learn more about them click here and check out their social media channels.

Social Media:

Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

3. Revolve

Location: 103 SW 2nd Street

Description: This store is great to me because of its location right by the farmer’s market. You can pick up some groceries for your week and then find that perfect outfit for going out all in the same area. They also just had their 4th anniversary this June, and their glasses, jewelry and accessories displays are absolutely lovely.

Social Media:

Instagram

Facebook

4. Second Glance

Location: 312 SW 3rd Street

Description: The Second Glance family of stores are some of my favorites here in Corvallis. This location is more tailored to a more conservative and older style, while the Annex is for a more young and trendy style, and the Alley is the location for men’s clothing.

Social Media:

Facebook

Pinterest

5. The Cat’s Meow

Location: 411 SW 3rd Street

Description: The Cat’s Meow is great because everything you are buying there benefits the Heartland Humane Society here in town. They have men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, home décor, movies, and so much more.

Social Media:

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

6. Second Glance Annex

Location: 214 SW Jefferson Avenue

Description: I think the top two reasons I love Second Glance and the Second Glance Annex so much is because of their overall look and the helpful salespeople that make you feel right at home. Everything from their window displays, painted walls, jewelry racks, organized apparel sections, and mannequins in store all exude the style of a woman who knows who she is. They have items for the prep, the bohemian, the girly girl, or a combination of all of the above all at a great price. Whatever you consign here you get a portion of that sale as well, which you can use as cash or in store credit.

Social Media:

Facebook

Instagram

7. OSU Folk Club Thrift Shop

Location: 144 NW 2nd Street

Description: I actually got a scholarship myself from this wonderful organization. All of your purchases go towards scholarships for the high school and older-than-average woman categories. The hours are slightly erratic at the store, but that is only because it is run solely by volunteers and members of the OSU Folk Club. This store can be a bit of a treasure hunt to find pieces you’ll love, but it’s definitely worth it.

Social Media:

Facebook

8. The Alley

Location: 312 SW Jefferson Avenue

Description: The Alley is the perfect place to go when your boyfriend won’t stop wearing the same messy graphic tee and ripped up jeans. Grab him a comfy tee, a nice blazer, and some tailored jeans to help take his style up a notch.

Social Media:

Facebook

Instagram

9. Roundabout Boutique

Location: 138 SW 2nd Street

Description: Roundabout Boutique used to reside where Runaway Fashion Exchange is now, but it has since moved to Cosmic Chameleon’s old location. They sell men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing, and you can find everything from a used Louis Vuitton purse to a wedding dress here. They also have a multitude of shoes and scarves. They are one of the lesser known thrift stores in town, but don’t let that stop you from checking them out!

Social Media:

Facebok

Bonus destinations nearby:

1. Teen Challenge Thrift Store

Location: 310 Southeast 2nd Avenue, Albany, OR

Social Media:

Facebook

2. Buffalo Exchange

Location: 131 E 5th Ave, Eugene, OR

Social Media:

Facebook

Instagram

Pinterest

Twitter

3. New to You

Location: 238 OR-99W, McMinnville, OR

Social Media:

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

4. Funky Munky Store

Location: 887 Commercial Street SE, Salem, OR

Social Media:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

Happy thrifting fashionistas! Comment below if you have any thrifting tips and tricks. 

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.