This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

On Thursday October 27th, the Perfectly Imperfect Tour partnered with Plan B One-Step® and the stars of MTV’s Girl Code Carly Aquilino and Nessa Diab and stopped here at our lovely campus. Brought to campus by the Her Campus at Oregon State executive team and Her Campus Media they really showed us what it means to be Perfectly Imperfect. The tour was held in the SEC Plaza and there was photo booth fun, lots of selfies with Carly and Nessa, crazy games of Jenga, free candy, and so much more. Not to mention it was Homecoming Weekend so we had students, alumni, faculty, and parents stop by. We had a blast!

The Fall 2016 Perfectly Imperfect Tour started with Florida State University on October 4th, then on October 20th they stopped at University of Michigan, and their last stop was our lovely campus. They toured the country last fall as well and have been spreading the word about what it means to be perfectly imperfect, the truth behind emergency contraception, and more specifically Plan B One-Step®. During our day event the Her Campus at Oregon State Team, Carly and Nessa, and the Perfectly Imperfect Team hosted the photo booth and meet and greet event in the SEC Plaza. We took over the @HerCampus snapchat, played some Homecoming games, and educated our fellow students about the misconceptions and stigmas surrounding emergency contraception. We also encouraged them to share their story of what makes them perfectly imperfect from tattoo mess ups to contraception failures and a few were highlighted throughout the day on the @perfectlyimperfect instagram. Rain or shine we had a great time!

During our night event we met in the MU Multipurpose Room to talk about women’s health, emergency contraception, and staying positive despite the pressure on women to be perfect. Not to mention the free pizza for all that attended. Dr. Diana E. Ramos, expert OB/GYN, adjunct Associate Clinical Professor in Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California along with Carly and Nessa presented a panel discussion about the nitty gritty of emergency contraception and #girlpower. We learned important facts like the fact that Carly loves cheese but also that despite almost 80% of women claiming to be familiar with emergency contraception, 2 out of 3 of them have misconceptions about the subject. We learned about the amount of pressure women feel from external sources in their lives such as family, friends, parents, and even bosses. Carly and Nessa both shared personal stories from their lives where they’ve felt perfectly imperfect and what that means to them. Dr. Ramos stressed the fact that sometimes all you can do are a few things you really want to accomplish and sometimes that’s all you can do. We learned that Plan B One-Step® is the #1 OB/GYN recommended brand of emergency contraception and that it is not an abortion pill or a form of regular birth control. We also learned that Plan B One-Step® will work up to 72 hours after a birth control failure or unprotected sex. We heard so much more but these are just a few of the facts that were shared with us.

It was an event to remember and the Her Campus at Oregon State team had so much fun with Carly, Nessa, and the Perfectly Imperfect team. We learned so much and we hope all our fellow Oregon State students did too. To learn more about the Perfectly Imperfect Tour and what they are all about visit their website, instagram, or Youtube.

The 5 Jobs You Have After You Graduate // Presented by BuzzFeed & Plan B One Step:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4A01RNMDAQ

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.