Campus Celebrity: Madeline Frisk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.
Name: Madeline Frisk

Hometown: Corvallis, OR the last 6 years; Gurnee, Illinois for 6 before that; everywhere in between being a navy brat :)

Year in School: Sophomore

Major: Merchandising Management

This week’s Campus Celebrity is our very own Madeline Frisk! Read on to learn more about this creative lady and the amazing internship she scored this summer:

HC at Oregon State: What does your internship position in Chicago entail? What company is it with?

Madeline: My internship at the Annie O. Showroom in Chicago this summer entails preparing for trade shows, working in the office, hanging up samples, and many other tasks including working with another intern and those who work in the Annie O. Showroom on a regular basis. 

HC at Oregon State: How did you find out about this opportunity?

Madeline: I found out about this opportunity through Dream Careers and my internship coordinator in Chicago, Lindsey Kane. I looked at several companies and there was one company I looked at that had already hired interns, but they liked my resume and so they passed my information on to the Annie O. Showroom. I had a phone interview with the showroom in the next couple of days, and the next day I received an internship offer from the company. 

HC at Oregon State: What is your new position within Chi Theta Phi?

Madeline: My new position within Chi Theta Phi, a local unhoused design based sorority here at OSU, is that of Recruitment Chair. I will be planning informal recruitment events this coming spring term and formal recruitment events next fall. I will also be spreading the word about our sorority at events like the DHE major specific symposium and other events where girls with a sense of creativity and DHE majors congregate. Recruitment is all about creating a fun environment with a theme, having fun games and activities, and girls being able to get to know us as members and hopefully future sisters. 

HC at Oregon State: What is your favorite part about your sorority?

Madeline: My favorite part about my sorority is being able to connect with other DHE majors; the fun sisterhood events we have like getting henna tattoos, going on a beach retreat, going to the pumpkin patch, and gift exchanges; getting my Big within the sorority, and being able to have people I can call sisters who I know will be there for me no matter what. 

HC at Oregon State: What are you hoping to get into after graduation? What are you looking to pursue after college?

Madeline: I’m hoping to move somewhere, whether it be Portland, Chicago, Los Angeles, or another fashion capital after graduation and find connections within the industry to help me find a job. I’m not sure if I want to be a buyer, stylist, trade show coordinator or something else entirely, but I’m hoping that through my internship this summer, my involvement with Her Campus, The OSU Fashion Organization, and connections within my sorority I’ll be able to figure it out at some point. 

Giveit up for Madeline, and stay tuned for next weeks’ Campus Celebrity!
Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.