kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Looks to Rock at the River

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Taking a study break? Heading down to Avery Park to chill by the river? Take some inspiration from these adorable looks when you head out to catch some rays.

1. For the Classic PNW Girl

Birkenstocks, sunscreen, snacks, and a hipster backpack? You must be from the great Pacific Northwest.

2. For the Minimalistic Girl

Grab some simple patterns for a cute outfit to take down to the river. Basic colors paired with some patterned swim bottoms are a great way to make a statement with little effort.

3. For the Sweet Girl

This one-piece paired with overalls makes for a practical yet cute outfit to sport at the river. With a heart-shaped bag and a fun floaty, your playful side is sure to come out.

4. For the Active Girl

If you’re the kind of girl who likes to do some exploring off-trail, than this look is perfect for you. Chacos, a backpack, and some comfortable swim trunks are all you need to go from trail to waterfront.  

5. For the Girly Girl

Pair a long skirt with a cute one-piece and you’ve got an outfit perfect for both sitting pretty by the water and exploring downtown. Before you head over to the Willamette stop by the Farmer’s Market or grab some coffee from the adorable array of coffee shops in town.

Gear up, Beaver Nation, because summer is coming!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.