woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

Graduation Photo Checklist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love capturing moments on camera. I love nothing more than looking back at my camera roll or Snapchat memories and reliving some of life’s best moments. As if I’m not already, I really turn into a photo diva on special occasions. That being said, I have compiled a checklist of all the photos I absolutely HAD to take before or on my graduation from Oneonta. Get your cameras ready!

Take a photo…

1. Between the iconic Oneonta pillars

2. At the senior champagne toast from the Passing through the Pillars tradition

3. In front of one (or both) of the Oneonta signs on campus

4. In front of your freshman residence hall

5. In front of the stage (there’s an Oneonta banner with your class year hanging perfectly in the background!)

6. Walking across the stage (…this one falls in the hands of family or friends)

7. Showing off your decorated grad cap

8. Throwing your cap

9. With your favorite professors

10. With your best friends, roommates, etc.

11. With your family

12. Popping a celebratory bottle of champagne

HCXO,

Symantha

My name is Symantha and I'm from Poughkeepsie, NY! I'm a senior at SUNY Oneonta studying biology with a concentration in pre-occupational therapy. I love to DIY and I'm addicted to two of the finer things in life, coffee & chocolate. 
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!