The 5 Places to Get Your Study On at SUNY Oneonta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

SUNY Oneonta’s campus has a lot of student friendly places to focus and hit the books! Whether it be a group project or a paper or a quiz, these are five study friendly places at SUNY Oneonta!

1. James M. Milne Library: Our library is extremely study friendly. The first floor has more of a social aspect to it which makes it easier to study with friends. There are even group rooms where you can get together and work on a group project or just have a fun time studying with friends. There is even an Argo Tea where you can get a refreshing drink or even lunch! The second floor is where most of the books are stored. There are even some tables for more private studying. The third floor is for quiet studying only. Shh! You can even get a great view of campus!

2. Hunt College Union: This is where a lot of the events on campus take place but it’s also a great space to get some work done. There are tables all over “The Living Room” for some friendly studying and there’s even a Starbucks! (P.S. This is the only Starbucks within a 60-mile radius! Get it while you can!)

3. Fitzelle Hall: Although it’s a building for classes there is a section to sit down and hit the books. Each floor has a place where students can write their papers or take their quizzes. There is even an outdoor space where student can get some sun while getting some good grades

4. Your own dorm room: Each dorm room is equipped with their own desk and study lounge. Who doesn’t love getting out of bed and going right to work!

5. The Quad: Students that study here can get good grades while getting some great views. The quad offers students seating options and study spaces as they watch their fellow students go to class

No matter where you are at SUNY Oneonta, there are some great places to hit the books. We hope that you use some of these spaces around campus to help make you a successful student!

HCXO, 

Maria

Maria Mawson

Oneonta '21

Maria is a history major at SUNY Oneonta. When she is not hitting the books, she loves to watch sports and spend time with her friends and family.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!