Tips and Tricks To Alleviate the Rainy Day Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

by Ella McIlvain

Winter in the South consists of a lot of rainy days.  I personally love a good rainy day you know where you can call it a lazy day and curl up with a good book or movie and simply chill.  However when the rain goes on for many days at a time or if ur not a fan of rainy days it can get to be a little depressing.  So we can’t let the winter rains get us down! I’ve got some ideas on how to brighten up anybodies rain day blues.

1. Have a board game day, gather up some friends and make the most of your time indoors with some classic game time fun that is sure to get you feeling upbeat
  2. Smile, Now this may sound a little cheesy but it’s true that a simple smile can help to brighten one’s mood
  3. Positive mind positive vibes, think of some perks to the rain that day, look on the brightside like hey this is great because I really needed some good rest time now that it’s raining and the baseball game is canceled, just little wins that you can take from the weather are helpful
  4. Exercise, will I know because most times on rainy days you just want to crash on the couch but if you need some lifted spirits nothing feels better than that adrenaline from working out, it may be a little bit of a tough effort to get to the gym but once your there it’s sure to reap some positive benefits
  5. Get creative, whether your artsy or not it can be fun to play around and create something and often times it’s very therapeutic as well to paint, draw, write, form, whatever your medium is go for it or try something new
  6. Adventure, yes it may be wet out but take that and go explore, go drive and find yourself somewhere new or even somewhere you have been before but just go get out in the world see what you can discover and have fun

However you like to spend your rainy days is up to you but I hope you won’t let them get you down, make the most out of the rain, each day is blank slate so make it awesome for you!

HC Ole Miss
Katie Davis

Ole Miss '18

.